Happy V. I. Day {Victory in Iraq}

Old December 17th 11, 05:30 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

Default Happy V. I. Day {Victory in Iraq}

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

Despite all the problems and controversy, the Iraq
campaign should be remembered as one of America's
most daring, difficult and significant victories in our
history.

you are clearly an idiot if you think what happened there can be called a
victory.
Iraq will just go back to being what it was with a new strongman killing his
rivals and hating the West everybit as much as Saddam did, the only
difference is a secular dictator was replaced by an Islamist one.
that hardly strikes me as an improvement.
until the control of the religion is broken the middle east will remain as
it is, I'll take a secular Dictatator over an Islamic one any time, at least
a secular one is a step away from the 16th century society the Islamists are
imposing.

Old December 17th 11, 05:32 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Tater Gumfries[_3_]

On Dec 17, 8:11*am, "Harrison J. Bounel"
wrote:
you too can drive an Escalade and live in a mansion like Dr.Gore.

Why so jealous of the rich?

Tater

Old December 17th 11, 05:33 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

"Andrew Swallow" wrote in message
On 18/12/2011 12:36, Jonathan wrote:
Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

Despite all the problems and controversy, the Iraq
campaign should be remembered as one of America's
most daring, difficult and significant victories in our
history.

Planting the US flag in the very heart of Islam, and winning
a war of attrition against some of the most viscous people
and tactics the world has to offer, is an enormous
accomplishment.

Since we can now see, it turns out the old 'domino-effect'
only applies for things people...want, like freedom
and democracy.

Jonathan

Obama may have won but he could have lost. If a militant leader sprouting
anti-American rhetoric appears in Iraq then this will look like a retreat.

The USA could open naval and air-force bases in Iraq as part of a Gulf
Stabilization Force i.e. to keep the Iranians down.

Andrew Swallow

and following your advice would mean a constant war in the region as the USA
could never control the country. and thinking any of this can be laid on
Obama is the idea of a fool
Bush started the mess and getting the hell out is the best outcome.
we should never have gone in in the first place.

Old December 17th 11, 05:37 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

Default How Maliki & Iran Outsmarted the US on Troop Withdrawal

"Möebius Pretzel" g wrote
in message ...
How Maliki & Iran Outsmarted the US on Troop Withdrawal

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta’s suggestion that the end of the U.S. troop
presence in Iraq is part of a U.S. military success story ignores the fact
that the George W. Bush administration and the U.S. military had planned
to maintain a semi-permanent military presence in Iraq.

The real story behind the U.S. withdrawal is how a clever strategy of
deception and diplomacy adopted by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in
cooperation with Iran outmaneuvered Bush and the U.S. military leadership
and got the United States to sign the U.S.-Iraq withdrawal agreement.

http://original.antiwar.com/porter/2...op-withdrawal/

Bush and planned do not belong in the same sentence.
the whle adventure was a disaster and never had any potential to be anything
other than one.
Bush's folly has merely given Iran the dominant position in the region and
they might possibly come to Findlandize Iraq.
only uber rightwingnut fools think the adventure was smart and ever had any
chance of being a success.
Bush and his cabal made evert miscalculation and wrong assumption and then
they left office leaving a mess.
Obama has at least extraced us from it but there is nothing we can do to
correct the disaster Bush created.

Old December 17th 11, 05:43 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
NaturalBornCitizen

On 12/18/2011 7:36 AM, Jonathan wrote:
Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

Despite all the problems and controversy, the Iraq
campaign should be remembered as one of America's
most daring, difficult and significant victories in our
history.

Planting the US flag in the very heart of Islam, and winning
a war of attrition against some of the most viscous people
and tactics the world has to offer, is an enormous
accomplishment.

Since we can now see, it turns out the old 'domino-effect'
only applies for things people...want, like freedom
and democracy.

God bless the US and GWB and Iraq.

Old December 17th 11, 05:59 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
dott.Piergiorgio[_3_]

Il 17/12/2011 14:35, Möebius Pretzel ha scritto:
How Maliki & Iran Outsmarted the US on Troop Withdrawal

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta’s suggestion that the end of the U.S.
troop presence in Iraq is part of a U.S. military success story ignores
the fact that the George W. Bush administration and the U.S. military
had planned to maintain a semi-permanent military presence in Iraq.

The real story behind the U.S. withdrawal is how a clever strategy of
deception and diplomacy adopted by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in
cooperation with Iran outmaneuvered Bush and the U.S. military
leadership and got the United States to sign the U.S.-Iraq withdrawal
agreement.

http://original.antiwar.com/porter/2...op-withdrawal/

hold on, everyone... this is obviously spam, and the sender name (Maria
Grazia T.) is a name in my addressbook, of a Lady whose don't have
reason to post in those NGs... now I'm quad-checking everything....

Sorry for the huge inconvenience. I look on how and why a spam malware
manages to circumvent _my_ checks....

Best regards and huge apologies to everyone....
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Old December 17th 11, 06:34 PM posted to sci.military.naval,us.military.army,sci.space.policy
jacob navia[_5_]

Le 18/12/11 13:36, Jonathan a écrit :
Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

[snip]

The american army assassinated between 104 000 and 113 000
Iraqi civilians [1]

The american taxpayer spent 3.4 to 4 Trillion dollars in
both wars (Afghanistan and Iraq) [2]

Obviously, those trillions of dollars aren't lost to
everyone:

quote
Contracts have been highly concentrated in the hands of just five
contractors- Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and
General Dynamics- accounting for over one-third of all Pentagon
contracts. [3]
quote

The Iraqi people suffered the most of the invasion of their
country, the plundering of their resources and the installation
of a society of violence as planned by the invaders, that counted
on that violence to justify their occupation of a foreign country.

The war started with lies (weapons of mass destruction anyone?)
and finishes with a lie: "Victory".

Never mind, Mr Obama is preparing the futu

o Speeding up China directed aggression in the Pacific.
o Threatening Iran and preparing the next war in the
middle east.
o Increasing the budget for american weapons of mass
destruction: atomic bombs and all the associated
machinery.

He will probably start the next war if reelected. Or maybe
it will be the republican candidate the will start it,
that is not so important.

The U.S. empire spends already more on war and destruction that
the whole rest of the world combined.

They can't do anything else.

They have to have a war going on all the time. Too much economic
power depends on the war machine.

---
[1] http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
[2] http://costsofwar.org/article/economic-cost-summary
[3] http://costsofwar.org/article/growth...d-profiteering
Old December 17th 11, 06:52 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Ed C.

NaturalBornCitizen wrote:
On 12/18/2011 7:36 AM, Jonathan wrote:

Should December 25, 2011 be given the honor of that title?

Despite all the problems and controversy, the Iraq
campaign should be remembered as one of America's
most daring, difficult and significant victories in our
history.

Planting the US flag in the very heart of Islam, and winning
a war of attrition against some of the most viscous people
and tactics the world has to offer, is an enormous
accomplishment.

Since we can now see, it turns out the old 'domino-effect'
only applies for things people...want, like freedom
and democracy.

God bless the US and GWB and Iraq.

Bush is the most perfect human being, brave and faultless in every
way. Only Communists and radical Islamics like Obama refuse to
worship him like a God. He saved us from 9/11and left the economy in
the greatest shape since his daddy was POTUS. His Patriot Act
protected our freedom from the Muslims who were gonna take over and
rule us from Baghdad with an iron fist.
Old December 17th 11, 06:56 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Jeffrey Hamilton

Andrew Swallow wrote:
[...]

Andrew there is a reason why the US is _not_ leaving troops in Iraq, this
was widely reported topic and _YOU_ should know it by now.

cheers......Jeff

Old December 17th 11, 08:14 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Kerryn Offord[_3_]

On 12/18/2011 6:59 AM, dott.Piergiorgio wrote:
[...]

The name I get as sender (in Firefox) isn't your "Maria Grazia T.". Nor
is it the "Möebius Pretzel" the reply suggests.

But it is someone from teh my address book I've never seen posting on
S.M.N. Nor is teh language consistent with that person.

So it's not just you with a malware problem.

Please let me know how you solve the problem.

Kerryn