Commercial Space Projects after CATS?

Old December 28th 03, 04:42 PM
Vincent Cate

Default Commercial Space Projects after CATS?

I have made a web page with short descriptions of several space projects
that might make commercial sense after we have cheap access to space
(CATS). In my model tourism to Earth orbit justifies the CATS
development, so all of these are after that.

The page is: http://spacetethers.com/future.html

Current topics a

Tourism beyond Earth orbit:
Lunar Flyby Hotel - Toss small hotel on Lunar safe return orbit
Lunar Tether - tether to get to the surface of the moon
Lunar RVs - mobile tourist bases always in sun for power/farming/algae
Lunar Base - fixed base at a Lunar pole
Mining Asteroids
Mars Tethers
Space Solar Power
O'Niell Style Colony
Mining Mercury
Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence - SETI

What other space projects might make commercial sense after we get CATS?
Assume CATS means $50/lb to GEO.

-- Vince
Old December 29th 03, 10:24 AM
Kaido Kert

What other space projects might make commercial sense after we get CATS?
Assume CATS means $50/lb to GEO.

-- Vince

All sorts of stuff by entertainment industry that we currently cant even
imagine. Reality TV from space, Zero-G or 1/6th-G sports, lunar robot wars,
you name it.
Entertainment industry has gobs of cash, it would be a matter of time before
someone comes up with a blockbuster idea, utilizing CATS.

-kert

Old January 5th 04, 07:51 PM
Eric Chomko

Vincent Cate ) wrote:
[...]

I can't help think agout the good old days of the internet before SPAM.
This CATS initiative and the Entertainment Industry access to space smacks
of the SPAM equivalent of space exploration.

Yeah, all these conservatives are crying for Hollywood in space, yet can't
stand Hollywood on Earth. Go figure!

Eric

: -- Vince