The notion of axial precession

Old February 3rd 15, 11:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The notion of axial precession

That beautiful arc of the Sun from horizon to horizon within each 24 hours in response to a single rotation of the planet along with the only additional information needed in linking the February 29th rotation as closing out 4 full annual circuits of the Earth around the Sun.

A cult mind is locked into a generational error and feels nothing for a dawn or sunset as a response to the great cycle we all participate in -

" It is a fact not generally known that,owing to the difference between solar and sidereal time,the Earth rotates upon its axis once more often than there are days in the year" NASA /Harvard

Without the primary rotation experienced as one day and night there is little hope for the orbital surface rotation responsible for the polar day/night cycle and the seasons at latitudes towards the Equator where it mixes with daily rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9oBKP9YLE

The enchantment of the heart may yet return to humanity through the simple things even if it didn't happen today.

Old February 4th 15, 03:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

I should have guessed that Gerald wouldn't respond to a direct question. I had hoped that he might, just might, have the good manners to do so. But no, true to form he reverts to, as he sees it, the safety of posting a minor variation of the same old material almost as if the rest of the world doesn't exist.

I might, just might, have had what some call a "light-bulb moment".

Our pet parrot said, "I would always imagine that true observers would be delighted with the perception that they turn to face the Sun in two separate ways as summer/winter is really an offshoot of the polar day/night cycle when combined with daily rotation."

Yes Gerald, I agree with you. The night sky at midnight GMT in January isn't the same as the night sky at midnight GMT in July and the height of the sun above the local horizon at noon GMT isn't the same in December and July either. The trouble is that for years you have consistently refused to accept this. Have you finally changed your mind??