Speed of Computers ???

Old April 19th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Speed of Computers ???

How do you make them go faster than the speed of light? Seems you can
only make them smaller so their EM signals have a shorter distance to
travel?? Would a computer that is very close to absolute zero,work
better than one at room temperature? Bert

Old April 19th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Apr 19, 5:36 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
How do you make them go faster than the speed of light? Seems you can
only make them smaller so their EM signals have a shorter distance to
travel?? Would a computer that is very close to absolute zero,work
better than one at room temperature? Bert

Paradoxically, now that we can make light move slower, we should be
able to build computers that move faster!

Double-A

Old April 19th 07, 03:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_1_]

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
How do you make them go faster than the speed of light? Seems you can
only make them smaller so their EM signals have a shorter distance to
travel?? Would a computer that is very close to absolute zero,work
better than one at room temperature? Bert

Electricity travels at almost "c". There is, however, the phenomena of
resistance, peculiar to all conducting materials, which causes voltage drops
and also causes our electric meters to spin, much to the delight of utility
companies. This resistance disappears completely at the absolute "0", a
point which in practice is as impossible to achieve as "c", but we can get
close. A current induced into an electric conductor at "0" degrees would
circulate unabated and un-opposed for eternity.
This would solve our energy problem, but we probably would also freeze our
asses off.

Old April 19th 07, 04:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Electricity travels at almost "c". There is, however, the phenomena of
resistance, peculiar to all conducting materials, which causes voltage drops
and also causes our electric meters to spin, much to the delight of utility
companies. This resistance disappears completely at the absolute "0", a
point which in practice is as impossible to achieve as "c", but we can get
close. A current induced into an electric conductor at "0" degrees would
circulate unabated and un-opposed for eternity.
This would solve our energy problem, but we probably would also freeze our
asses off.

Your species has allready discovered many metallic alloys that are
superconductive at much higher temperatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YBCO

Old April 19th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Your species has allready discovered many metallic alloys that are
superconductive at much higher temperatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YBCO

I have updated the predictions for the year 2012.

http://www.dxun.org/members/predictions.php

Old April 20th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Starman

Why do you assume computers work better at room temperature, actually they
preform much better when
you cool the CPU down, heat is the enemy, why do you think neards cool them with
dry ice /water etc. to
overclock(cpu speed) them

but at near absoulute zero, it might give some unpredicted results if you not
carefully choose the right matrial to build the computer

Old April 20th 07, 08:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Starman I just threw cold in because when I had that laptop it kept
itself cool by ventilation and.heat is not good for electrical circuits.
Still computers have to work indoors at indoor temp. Smaller is good
and small enough to be implanted inside our brains is the way to go. A
computer should not work faster than our neurons,or shame on us. Bert

Old April 21st 07, 01:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Have to add this If a computer gives out the answer to fast it will
not pass the Turing test. I have a crush on a girl that is a
phone answer,and I think she also likes me,for she tells me my call is
"very important" I like that Bert

Old April 25th 07, 05:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

To All Well I guess I live by my webtv,and Ill die by it. To set in my
ways to change to a slow modern can't use my thumb laptop. I don't like
fallowing an arrow to show me where to go.. Go figure Beeert

Why is the Speed of Light the Limiting Speed. [email protected] Misc 20 September 4th 06 06:34 PM
Computers and Brains ??? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 15 June 24th 06 08:19 AM
Computers Ed Majden Amateur Astronomy 12 January 31st 05 06:00 AM
Old Computers Too_Many_Tools Amateur Astronomy 6 August 18th 03 07:12 PM