A Real American Hero Died Today...

Old August 29th 12, 03:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default A Real American Hero Died Today...

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:27:05 AM UTC-7, oriel36 wrote:

...by God I will not stand

by and suffer dullards from influencing the next generation of

students.The fact that the only person to promote a spinning moon did

so after asserting that Venus turns in 23 hours is enough for any man

of stature and dignity but those are two traits that I have rarely

seen in this forum.

Unfortunately for you, Newton is not the only person to promote a spinning moon, and THAT is the fact here; virtually every science teacher in the entire world understands that this is the case. That you cannot understand the concept is a failure of your own education system, or your own inability to conceptualize the mechanics of the whole thing.

I feel very sorry for this inability on your part... but it is just not that hard to grasp.

\Paul A

Old August 29th 12, 04:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 8/28/12 8:27 AM, oriel36 wrote:
The spinning moon indeed !,it must be an empirical test to force
yourselves to believe anything and everything coming from the guys in
the late 17th century but this is my era and by God I will not stand
by and suffer dullards from influencing the next generation of
students.The fact that the only person to promote a spinning moon did
so after asserting that Venus turns in 23 hours is enough for any man
of stature and dignity but those are two traits that I have rarely
seen in this forum.

Gerald, you must be insane.

Equatorial rotation velocity of the moon is 4.627 m/s
Equatorial radius is 1738.14 km

Using the definition of Angular Velocity

ω = v/r

where ω is the angular (rotational) velocity, v is the tangential
equatorial velocity and r is the equatorial radius of the moon.

Sample Calculation
http://www.google.com/search?q=4.627...%2F+1738.14+km

Resulting in
Lunar angular velocity = 2.662 X 10^-6 Rad/s
which comes out to be 2360000 seconds (27.32 days) for
a 2π (360°) rotation.

Which just happens to be VERY CLOSE to the lunar orbital sidereal
month of 27.321662 days as noted in the Astronomical Almanac. Gee
what a coincidence! Given a bit of Libration due to the eccentricity
of the moon's orbit, the moon tends to keep the same side pointed
toward the earth.

Sample Calculation

http://www.google.com/search?q=360+d...s%2Fs)+in+days

Old August 29th 12, 06:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 29, 4:17Â*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 8/28/12 8:27 AM, oriel36 wrote:

Â*The spinning moon indeed !,it must be an empirical test to force
Â*yourselves to believe anything and everything coming from the guys in
Â*the late 17th century but this is my era and by God I will not stand
Â*by and suffer dullards from influencing the next generation of
Â*students.The fact that the only person to promote a spinning moon did
Â*so after asserting that Venus turns in 23 hours is enough for any man
Â*of stature and dignity but those are two traits that I have rarely
Â*seen in this forum.

Â* Â* Gerald, you must be insane.

Â* Â* Equatorial rotation velocity of the moon is 4.627 m/s
Â* Â* Equatorial radius is 1738.14 km

Over the years I have felt a growing sense that it is looking more and
more like an intellectual holocaust where people could suspend their
normal reasoning faculties to believe things which simply don't happen
or exist,the idea of a rotating moon is sickening as it mean having to
redefine what rotation is to force it as an addition into the lunar
orbital circuit of the Earth.It is not just having to redefine what
360 degree rotation is but an assault on geometry and dynamics to
imagine a rotating moon yet not only can you do it openly and while I
can be truly sickened by the ideology that the moon rotates,not a
single one of you are sickened that I observe a non rotating moon.

I would just as soon discuss the differences between planetary and
lunar orbital characteristics instead of being drawn into the
assertion made by the only person ever to propose a spinning moon
right after he has Venus turn in 23 hours ! -

http://books.google.ie/books?id=gB2-...page&q&f=false

Again,an astronomer may appear some day who can interpret planetary
orbital behavior correctly as a planet turns with respect to the
central Sun once and coincident with its orbital period just as the
images of Uranus affirm.You cannot appreciate this simple quasi-
rotation if there are people who imagine the Earth's motions explain a
wandering analemma Sun or by stellar circumpolar motion nor people who
imagine a spinning moon even though the reasoning mind would fight to
accept such a monstrosity.

Â* Â* Using the definition of Angular Velocity

Â* Â* Â* ω = v/r

Â* Â* where ω is the angular (rotational) velocity, v is the tangential
Â* Â* equatorial velocity and r is the equatorial radius of the moon.

Â* Â* Sample Calculation
Â* Â* Â*http://www.google.com/search?q=4.627...2F+1738..14+km

Â* Â* Resulting in
Â* Â* Lunar angular velocity Â* Â*= Â*2.662 X 10^-6 Rad/s
Â* Â* which comes out to be 2360000 seconds (27.32 days) for
Â* Â* a 2Ï€ (360°) rotation.

Â* Â* Which just happens to be VERY CLOSE to the lunar orbital sidereal
Â* Â* month of 27.321662 days as noted in the Astronomical Almanac. Gee
Â* Â* what a coincidence! Given a bit of Libration due to the eccentricity
Â* Â* of the moon's orbit, the moon tends to keep the same side pointed
Â* Â* toward the earth.

Â* Â* Sample Calculation

Â*http://www.google.com/search?q=360+d...+10%5E-6+radia...

Old August 29th 12, 07:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On 29 Aug., 05:17, Sam Wormley wrote:
snip endless pedantry

Let's not make this any more complicated:

than Oriel shuffling steadily,

around any object,

of his own choosing,

for just a few seconds,

while facing steadily inwards,

towards his chosen object,

with his eyes wide open,

to carefully monitor,

which wall,

a completely naked blond,

is standing against.

QED.

Old August 29th 12, 11:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 29, 4:17Â*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 8/28/12 8:27 AM, oriel36 wrote:

Â*The spinning moon indeed !,it must be an empirical test to force
Â*yourselves to believe anything and everything coming from the guys in
Â*the late 17th century but this is my era and by God I will not stand
Â*by and suffer dullards from influencing the next generation of
Â*students.The fact that the only person to promote a spinning moon did
Â*so after asserting that Venus turns in 23 hours is enough for any man
Â*of stature and dignity but those are two traits that I have rarely
Â*seen in this forum.

Â* Â* Gerald, you must be insane.

Â* Â* Equatorial rotation velocity of the moon is 4.627 m/s
Â* Â* Equatorial radius is 1738.14 km

The Universal term of flat Earther is a designation on those who
neither think nor act as people should and as the equatorial
circumference of the Earth is 24901 miles with each 15 degrees
corresponding to 1037.5 miles/1 hour time difference,it should be no
problem presenting the details of a round and rotating Earth as 1037.5
miles per hour and a complete 360 degree rotation in 24 hours.Not only
to you imagine a spinning moon,you do not recognize a rotating Earth
and the specific dimensions and rotational characteristics.Here is
what a rotating celestial object looks like and within 4 orbital
circuits it will turn 1461 times to the nearest rotation -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxrIMHKobk0

Obviously my aim to bring empiricists on board in correcting the mess
created a few centuries has by and large failed,the use of the law to
challenge educational syllabus in science would deflect from the
effort to raise the standard rather than arbitrate a forced
modification or rather expulsion of the false principles surrounding
core facts.This leaves only two options to pursue and one of them is
certainly along national lines.It is not just the simple facts that
the moon doesn't turn as it orbits the Earth nor that the Earth turns
once to the central Sun as a component of its orbital motion,it is the
broader context of who speaks for education,what is being taught and
the ability of students who can think and act properly as they reach
adulthood.If a country can afford to pay you to stand before students
and with open eyes declare that the moon spins then they cannot expect
anything of their students other than commodities who are sold a
dreamscape from which they never escape in later life.

You can't maintain a discussion on a rotating moon ,the hundreds of
different topics such as why the geology on the far side of the moon
is different to the near side which is always shielded by the Earth as
it makes its monthly circuit whereas the far side is always exposed.