Reference to Ken Iliff in the latest batch of Columbia e-mails

Old August 17th 03, 01:50 AM
Jorge R. Frank

Default Reference to Ken Iliff in the latest batch of Columbia e-mails

NASA has recently released a batch of email to and from the director of the
office of Safety and Mission Assurance (Bryan O'Connor) related to the
Columbia accident.

Among them is a chain of email regarding outside assistance to the
investigation. One of the outside experts listed was Ken Iliff, the husband
of our own Mary Shafer:

http://www.nasa.gov/columbia/foia/index.html
http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/48842main_OSMAemails_3of4.pdf

Page 89:

4. 2/03/03, 3:40 PM, Lawrence Davis ), OSMA, DFRC

a. Expertise-wise, Ken Illif[sic] may be available for any re-entry
aerodynamics and controls. He's retired but living in the local area.

Mary, did Ken wind up assisting the investigation?
--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.

Old August 17th 03, 04:50 AM
Jorge R. Frank

rk wrote in
:

I have this page bookmarked:

Ken Iliff: Engineering 40 years of success

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Newsroom/X-...ppl_iliff.html

And now I do too. I especially like the second-to-last paragraph.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.