Iranian forgery of Ansari photo -- too much body hair visible!!

Old September 17th 06, 10:33 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Iranian forgery of Ansari photo -- too much body hair visible!!

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:05:55 -0500, in a place far, far away, Herb
Schaltegger made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:41:11 -0500, Rand Simberg wrote
(in article ):

Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

And yet, they don't.

Yes, in fact, they do.

Really?

They hold mass angry rallies, calling for the death of artists, when
they perceive an insult to their religion?

Is there some media conspiracy to not report this?
Old September 17th 06, 10:38 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:24:20 +0200, in a place far, far away,
"frédéric haessig" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

Insult Christianity, and the Christians just shake their heads.
Insult Islam, and get death threats. No, no difference at all.

Rebember the reaction to Martin Scorcese's 'The last temptation of Christ'?
That was less than 20 years ago.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Las...tion_of_Christ

I remember that Christians were upset. I don't remember mass marches,
or calls for the death of Martin Scorcese (and of course, unlike the
cartoon incident, which merely depicted Mohammed, not necessarily even
in an insulting way) that film certainly was blasphemous. There was a
single incident of bombing a theater. In France.

And in fact churches are being attacked in Gaza and the West Bank now.
Including non-Catholic churches. Anything for an excuse, I guess.
Old September 18th 06, 01:14 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Jim Oberg[_1_]

"Herb Schaltegger"
I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, I listen to what I hear and pay
attention to what I read in the editorial pages of my papers. I've
personally heard and read such threats. All that's missing is the
massed marches. Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

OK, so the Christian SPEECH is just as offensive to you as the Islamic
MURDERS?
I don't have any more time for this irrationality.

Old September 18th 06, 01:46 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Danny Dot[_1_]

Danny Dot wrote:
"Jim Oberg" wrote in message

Some over-zealous misogynistic mullah in Iran had to
hide Ansari's head hair with a photoshopped space helmet --
can't be inflaming them passions of chaste Moslem men!

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/09...xtography.html

The above site links to the Iranian Space Site which has LOTS of pictures of
her hair. The photos helmet might have been to make her more official.
http://spacescience.ir/

Look at my site and see how NASA treats a creative mind!!!
The summary is "Not Very Well" :-)
www.mobbinggonemad.org

Old September 18th 06, 01:47 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Herb Schaltegger[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:14:58 -0500, Jim Oberg wrote
(in article ):

"Herb Schaltegger"
I live in the buckle of the Bible belt, I listen to what I hear and pay
attention to what I read in the editorial pages of my papers. I've
personally heard and read such threats. All that's missing is the
massed marches. Tho' the huge evangelical churches around here are
quite large enough to hold rallies of their own inside their cavernous
halls.

OK, so the Christian SPEECH is just as offensive to you as the Islamic
MURDERS?

As a matter of fact, yes. Both bespeak hate-filled minds bent on
enforcing their own twisted narratives on the rest of us, whether we
want it or not.

I don't have any more time for this irrationality.

Then killfile me, kill the thread or just ignore me on this point. I
don't really care which.

--
Herb Schaltegger
"You can run on for a long time . . . sooner or later, God'll cut you

Old September 18th 06, 02:10 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:47:43 -0500, in a place far, far away, Herb
[...]

The fact that you can't distinguish between speech and acts is the
mindset of a moral midget. If we lose the war, attitudes like yours
will be one of the reasons why.

Not that there's much of an equivalence in even the speech, of
course...
Old September 18th 06, 05:14 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Markus Baur

Jim Oberg wrote:
"Markus Baur" wrote in message
.. .

have you looked into history .. ?

Right -- four hundred frigging years ago...

Nutjob yourself.

Sir - i did not call you a nutjob .. and i would ask you to kindly
stay within the boundaries of civilized speech ..

so you do believe the world was started in 1957 when sputnik was
launched ....?

or was it in in march 42 when the first A4 flew?

or in 1903 when tsiolkovsky wrote his monography on spaceflight .. ?

where does (for you: interesting) history begin and when does (for
you: uninteresting) pre-history end .. ???

we are still feeling the aftershocks of decisions made those times -
and everyone who denies this is just bound to repeat the mistakes made
then ....

Markus

Old September 18th 06, 05:20 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:14:49 +0200, in a place far, far away, Markus
Baur made the phosphor on my monitor glow

Jim Oberg wrote:
"Markus Baur" wrote in message
.. .

have you looked into history .. ?

Right -- four hundred frigging years ago...

Nutjob yourself.

Sir - i did not call you a nutjob .. and i would ask you to kindly
stay within the boundaries of civilized speech ..

so you do believe the world was started in 1957 when sputnik was
launched ....?

or was it in in march 42 when the first A4 flew?

or in 1903 when tsiolkovsky wrote his monography on spaceflight .. ?

No. But the subject wasn't about historical behavior. It was about
present behavior.
Old September 18th 06, 09:54 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:13:27 -0400, in a place far, far away, John Doe
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as
to indicate that:

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/09...xtography.html

It appears that this is some joke/spoof.

On that BLOG (here's a hint of its trustworthiness),

The mere fact that it's a BLOG provides no information as to its
trustworthiness, one way or the other.

As a blogger yourself, I'm glad that you said that.

Old September 19th 06, 05:03 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history
Dave Michelson

Markus Baur wrote:

and present behaviour is a direct result of past/historical behaviour as
todays behaviour is learned from past behaviour

or differenty: (past) actions have (present) reactions ..

this is not an apology for any actions - it is a usefull tool to
estimate possible reactions to actions ... and ignoring this wll just
lead to repeats of past mistakes ..

Wow. This sounds like what one might expect from a bad term paper for
an undergraduate liberal arts program.

--
Dave Michelson