Galaxies already had enough material to form planets and life inthe early Universe!

Old June 8th 12, 02:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Galaxies already had enough material to form planets and life inthe early Universe!

On Jun 6, 12:08*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On May 19, 7:33*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:

Baby galaxies grew up quicklyhttp://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Baby_galaxies_grew_up_quickly_999.html

Quote:

Up until now, researchers thought that it had taken billions of years for stars to form and with that, galaxies with a high content of elements heavier than hydrogen and helium. But new research from the Niels Bohr Institute shows that this process went surprisingly quickly in some galaxies.

"We have studied 10 galaxies in the early Universe and analysed their light spectra. We are observing light from the galaxies that has been on a 10-12 billion year journey to Earth, so we see the galaxies as they were then. Our expectation was that they would be relatively primitive and poor in heavier elements, but we discovered somewhat to our surprise that the gas in some of the galaxies and thus the stars in them had a very high content of heavier elements. The gas was just as enriched as our own Sun," explains Professor Johan Fynbo from the Dark Cosmology Centre at the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen.

So is 12 or 13 billion year old life, possible? Looks like it might have
been superficially possible. Still we'd have to know the specific
conditions inside those early galaxies. They could've been wracked with
a lot of supernova explosions near life-forming solar systems, thus
destroying their life. Much like life chemicals were always existent in
the early Solar System, but conditions weren't exactly right until maybe
3.5 billion years ago. Similar sort of problems may have occurred in
those early galaxies, but in a galaxy-wide scenario.

* * * * Yousuf Khan

When galaxies join up, the amount of rogue/wandering nomad planets
goes up by at least another thousand fold, and redistributed smaller
items can easily run a million fold greater until they're collected as
having impacted or simply captured by significant items of mass.

*http://groups.google.com/groups/search
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG, Guth Usenet/Guth Venus

There's no telling how many far flung items our solar system truly has
to offer, and considerably greater numbers of wide ranging items
associated with the Sirius star system shouldn't be any big surprise
considering the recent demise of Sirius-B.

Many others besides myself have been suggesting as to the vast number
of wandering/rogue or nomad items of interstellar space could easily
out-number the stars, whereas I'm simply suggesting that a thousand
fold more items than stars shouldn't be all that unexpected and
thereby at least doubling the mass of our galaxy (especially when
including the population and mass of brown dwarfs) shouldn't be so
unlikely.

Clearly the vast amount of gravity represented by galaxies can help
cause galactic mergers and some of those might combine to reform as a
singular larger galaxy. However the closing SOA of Andromeda at 300+
km/sec should rip entirely through our galaxy and keep right on going,
creating one hell of a mess out of each galaxy.

Galactic retrograde encounters can be worse than anything imaginable,
with tidal forces and millions of supernovas causing wide spread
trauma and physical damage to each galaxy, that could easily be
sufficient to destroy 99.9% of all biodiversity and intelligent life
in either galaxy, whereas the much softer glancing pro-grade
encounters should allow 99.9% of their biodiversity plus whatever
intelligent life in either galaxy to survive.

A galactic merger that's having to toss out spare black holes is
probably another good indication of a cosmic death sentence to the
vast majority of whatever life previously existed within either of
those galaxies prior to their merging.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ch...dia/cid42.html