Sunspots

Old June 30th 04, 08:42 PM
Norman Silverstone

Default Sunspots

A few weeks ago I changed my camera to an Olympus Camedia C-50 particularly
because it has a remote control facility which I thought would be very
helpful in taking pictures through the telescope. As to be expected nights
passed without suitable conditions so I decided to try taking a look at the
sun. To my delight there were several good sunspots so I had a go with the
new camera. I have put an example on my website, www.littletank.org and
would welcome comments please.

Norman

Old July 1st 04, 12:04 AM
Martin Frey

"Norman Silverstone" wrote:

A few weeks ago I changed my camera to an Olympus Camedia C-50 particularly
because it has a remote control facility which I thought would be very
helpful in taking pictures through the telescope. As to be expected nights
passed without suitable conditions so I decided to try taking a look at the
sun. To my delight there were several good sunspots so I had a go with the
new camera. I have put an example on my website, www.littletank.org and
would welcome comments please.

Norman

Very promising. When did you take these?

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old July 1st 04, 06:51 PM
Norman Silverstone

"Martin Frey" wrote in message
"Norman Silverstone" wrote:

(snip)

new camera. I have put an example on my website, www.littletank.org and
would welcome comments please.

Norman

Very promising. When did you take these?

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 02 E 0 47

I was really only pottering about trying to line up the camera and the
holding bracket etc and, as far as I can remember, they were taken on 20
June in mid afternoon.

Norman