Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

Old November 10th 07, 04:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on....I TOLD YOU!

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
"J. Clarke" wrote:

Here he goes again. Do try to stick to the context when constructing
your little straw people, won't you?

:
:
: She has no interest in trying to "get the costs of manned space down
: to something sustainable." Her interest is in killing manned space.
:
:
:Good. In its current form it _needs_ killing.
:

So you're anti-space? Just keep in mind that when money is removed
from manned space, it also gets removed from unmanned space.

Wow, the irony in lecturing someone else on strawmen simply abounds.

Pottle, meet Kettle.

territory."
--G. Behn

Old November 10th 07, 09:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Fred J. McCall

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:

:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
.. .
: "J. Clarke" wrote:
:
:
: Here he goes again. Do try to stick to the context when constructing
: your little straw people, won't you?
:
: :
: :
: : She has no interest in trying to "get the costs of manned space down
: : to something sustainable." Her interest is in killing manned space.
: :
: :
: :Good. In its current form it _needs_ killing.
: :
:
: So you're anti-space? Just keep in mind that when money is removed
: from manned space, it also gets removed from unmanned space.
:
:
:Wow, the irony in lecturing someone else on strawmen simply abounds.
:

Nope. Where did I claim he said anything that he didn't say (his
trick)? I inferred an attitude, not claimed he was saying something
he wasn't.

:Pottle, meet Kettle.

Cute, but stupid. Anyone can say it. Doesn't make it true.

'Pottle'?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old November 10th 07, 04:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Michael Gallagher

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 06:54:17 -0700, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

Except that history indicates that that is not what happens. When
manned space gets cut, unmanned space gets cut, too. The money taken
from manned space doesn't go to unmanned space. It goes to public
housing or some such. It effectively disappears from 'space'
entirely. Then some of the money from unmanned space follows it out.

Exactly! Likewise, it's no coincidence that the Golden Age of
Planetary Exploration happened during the Moon Race.

If you're a global warming evangelist you might do ok under Hillary.
If you're a planetary scientist she is going to be bad news for you.
If your interest is manned space flight she is going to be REALLY bad
news for you.

That's why I voted for Bush in '04, because during his second term
we'd at least have a fighting chance to get started on some of the
building blocks, Ares and Orion. Hopefully those would survive a
second Billary adminstration, at the very least the Orion and Ares 1.
But if the Clintons are reelected, the rest is out the window.

Old November 10th 07, 04:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
kT

Michael Gallagher wrote:

That's why I voted for Bush in '04

No it's not. You voted for Bush on '04 because you are are true red
white and blue American asshole. You are the problem with America.
Old November 11th 07, 09:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Joseph Nebus

Michael Gallagher writes:

Exactly! Likewise, it's no coincidence that the Golden Age of
Planetary Exploration happened during the Moon Race.

I was unaware that the Moon Race took place from 1990 to the
present day.

--
Joseph Nebus
Old November 12th 07, 03:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"kT" wrote in message
Michael Gallagher wrote:

That's why I voted for Bush in '04

No it's not. You voted for Bush on '04 because you are are true red white
and blue American

Of course.

asshole

You just said he's American, not Eurotrash.