ASTRO: IC 410 and the tadpoles

Old December 27th 06, 07:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: IC 410 and the tadpoles

Finally, a current picture taken just a few hours ago. I planned more
time but the 4th frame came up blank, not one hint of anything but a
good 30 minute dark frame. Went outside and found the sky completely
gone. My one clear night went south in a hurry but at least I got
something worthwhile out of it. 3 30 minute H-alpha frames of the
tadpoles. A bit noisy due to the clouds. It appears the third frame
was clear only for about 15 minutes from the ADU count so while I say 90
minutes knock about 15 off due to the clouds. At least they were so
thick no harm was done.

14" LX200R@f/10, 3x30 minutes binned 2x2, STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IC410TADPOLES3X30Ha.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	261

Old December 27th 06, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Thanks Larry.

At just over 1" per pixel the FOV is about 34' x 22.7' or just over 40'
diagonally. Not bad for 3556mm focal length. I can go to 1x1 binning
but my seeing rarely supports it. Sure eats up hard drive space as it
is! To cut the noise I did drop the size by 33% so that image while
taken at 1" per pixel is posted at 1.5" per pixel. I forgot to mention
that.

Rick

Old December 27th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great picture Rick. You have very good detail both in the tadpoles and in
the dark clouds.

Stefan