Interpreting the MMX null result

Old November 21st 06, 06:39 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Phineas T Puddleduck

Default Interpreting the MMX null result

In article ,
"kenseto" wrote:

NO.....it is my position that light is measured to be anisotropic in the
vertical direction. This anisotropy in the vertical direction can be
interpreted that the apparatus and the vertical light rays are in a state of
relative motion.

All over the globe?

--
Thermodynamics claims another crown!

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/heacon.html

Old November 21st 06, 07:31 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear kenseto:

kenseto wrote:
"dlzc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear kenseto:
You made the blanket statement that these orbiting
Michelson Interferometers will refute what I claimed.
So it is up to you to support your statements. BTW
what I claimed is supported by the Pound and Rebka
experiments.

What you claim is that horizontal time (and distance) is
different from vertical time (and distance). And satellites
"visible" near the horizon are communicating on the
*local* horizontal axis... to points on the Earth.

Hey idiot what I claim is based on experiments done on earth

The atomic clocks located "vertical" and "horizontal" from your
position that agree with each other, don't agree with you. All
measurements are local.

David A. Smith

Old November 21st 06, 07:47 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

dlzc wrote:
Dear kenseto:

kenseto wrote:
"dlzc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear kenseto:
You made the blanket statement that these orbiting
Michelson Interferometers will refute what I claimed.
So it is up to you to support your statements. BTW
what I claimed is supported by the Pound and Rebka
experiments.

What you claim is that horizontal time (and distance) is
different from vertical time (and distance). And satellites
"visible" near the horizon are communicating on the
*local* horizontal axis... to points on the Earth.

Hey idiot what I claim is based on experiments done on earth

The atomic clocks located "vertical" and "horizontal" from your
position that agree with each other, don't agree with you. All
measurements are local.

The null results of the horizontal MMX are also local. If we do an MMX
with the plane of the light rays oriented vertically the results
obtained is also local. So what is your point?

David A. Smith

Old November 21st 06, 07:49 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

Phineas T Puddleduck wrote:
In article ,
"kenseto" wrote:

NO.....it is my position that light is measured to be anisotropic in the
vertical direction. This anisotropy in the vertical direction can be
interpreted that the apparatus and the vertical light rays are in a state of
relative motion.

All over the globe?

That's what the Pound and Rebka experiments show.

Old November 21st 06, 08:31 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear kenseto:

kenseto wrote:
dlzc wrote:

The atomic clocks located "vertical" and "horizontal" from
your position that agree with each other, don't agree with
you. All measurements are local.

The null results of the horizontal MMX are also local. If we do
an MMX with the plane of the light rays oriented vertically the
results obtained is also local. So what is your point?

From your original post...
It merely means that if the plane of the light rays is oriented
vertically then the apparatus will give non-null result with
respect to these local light rays.

Atomic clocks located horizontally and vertically from any position on
Earth yield a null result.

David A. Smith

Old November 21st 06, 09:16 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article zoJ8h.245190$FQ1.149499@attbi_s71,
Sam Wormley wrote:

kenseto wrote:
"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
kenseto wrote:

We can only go by what the experimental data says. The Pound and Rebka
experiments said that the speed of light is not isotropic vertically.

You must be misunderstanding what Pound and Rebka say--please quote
the paragraph.

Hey idiot...Pound and Rebka found that there is frequency shift in the
vertical direction....this means anisotropy.

No they didn't!

He's broke spectroscopy, why stop there? ;-)

Old November 21st 06, 09:18 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"kenseto" wrote:

NO....any anisotropy will not be detected by these spectrometers. These
spectrometers will detect different wavelengths for the same source.
Furthermore I understand that these are not actual experiments....they

are
proposed experiments.
In any case what I claimed is supported by actual experiments. The MMX

null
result in the horizontal plane represents isotropy in the horizontal

plane.
The Pound and Rebka shows frequency shift in the vertical direction
represents anisiotrpy in the vertical direction.

And hence they're useless as spectrometers. Any anisotropy in this case
would seem to show one direction having different characteristics as
others.

The different characteristics a
1. the speed of light is isotropic horizontally
2. the speed of light is anisotropic vertically.

Old November 21st 06, 09:29 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"kenseto" wrote:

Ah but you forgot that:
c=wavelength*frequency
So any wavelength change is compensated by the frequency change to

maintain
the isotropy of the speed of light.
This is not like the MMX or the Pound and Rebka which measures the

frequency
shift at the horizontal and vertical directions.

Nice try but no.

Why not? Because you say so?

Old November 21st 06, 09:43 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

"dlzc" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear kenseto:

kenseto wrote:
dlzc wrote:

The atomic clocks located "vertical" and "horizontal" from
your position that agree with each other, don't agree with
you. All measurements are local.

The null results of the horizontal MMX are also local. If we do
an MMX with the plane of the light rays oriented vertically the
results obtained is also local. So what is your point?

From your original post...
It merely means that if the plane of the light rays is oriented
vertically then the apparatus will give non-null result with
respect to these local light rays.

Atomic clocks located horizontally and vertically from any position on
Earth yield a null result.

How can you say that? The horizontal MMX gives null result and the vertical
Pound and Rebka gives non-null result.