Aurora Photos from Greece!!!

Old October 31st 03, 02:12 AM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default Aurora Photos from Greece!!!

Dear Friends,

A link to some VERY rare aurora photos for this region of the
world are available at http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Aurorae.htm ....
Christmas came early this year! :-)

Anthony.

Old October 31st 03, 03:00 AM
Jay Sottolano

Anthony,
Congratulations!!

Jay S.

Old October 31st 03, 07:55 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:12:49 +0200, Anthony Ayiomamitis
wrote:

Dear Friends,

A link to some VERY rare aurora photos for this region of the
world are available at http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Aurorae.htm ....
Christmas came early this year! :-)

Well done - a nice observation to have in the archive!
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old October 31st 03, 02:08 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default Sun today: AR10486-10492

Dear Friends,

Further to the breath-taking auroral activity less than 24 hours
ago, seeing was quite good this morning which led to some nice imaging
of the solar disk and, particularly, the eastern limb. To this end, I
kindly direct you to today's efforts:

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Su...2003-10-31.htm
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Su...R10486-492.htm

This month has been amazing with respect to solar activity and,
hopefully, it will continue next month as well.

Clear skies to all.

Anthony.

Old October 31st 03, 03:28 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Hi Jay,

Thank you .... my jaw dropped when I saw the sky all lit-up. I
have tried to capture this event on many other occasions knowing full
well that my odds were next to zero. However, last night was similar to
winning the lottery ticket.

Anthony.

Jay Sottolano wrote:

Anthony,
Congratulations!!

Jay S.

Old October 31st 03, 03:29 PM
Anthony Ayiomamitis

wrote:

Dear Friends,

A link to some VERY rare aurora photos for this region of the
world are available at http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Aurorae.htm ....
Christmas came early this year! :-)

Hi Pete,

Well done - a nice observation to have in the archive!

Thanks! You also put out some serious work as well ... I have
looked at your postings and associated links MANY times. Please keep
them coming.

Anthony.

Old October 31st 03, 03:53 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:29:37 +0200, Anthony Ayiomamitis
wrote:

Well done - a nice observation to have in the archive!

Thanks! You also put out some serious work as well ... I have
looked at your postings and associated links MANY times. Please keep
them coming.

I have to say that your gallery pages are seriously well designed.
Layout is efficient and concise plus the extra information that you
provide at the top is well written and very interesting. This is the
type of material that can really hook people in. A great bonus to the
astronomical community.

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk