pic of Uranus, Oberon & Titania

Old September 13th 03, 11:45 AM
Maurice Gavin

Default pic of Uranus, Oberon & Titania

As a follow-up to Triton pic I've posted last night's image of Uranus
+ moons Oberon & Titania at

http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/uranep.htm

Used an old mag cover disk of Redshift v2.0 to identify satellites but
see on internet Redshift v4 £15 - a bargain !

Maurice Gavin - Worcester Park Ob
Old September 13th 03, 12:23 PM
Martin Frey

(Maurice Gavin) wrote:

As a follow-up to Triton pic I've posted last night's image of Uranus
+ moons Oberon & Titania at

http://www.astroman.fsnet.co.uk/uranep.htm

Used an old mag cover disk of Redshift v2.0 to identify satellites but
see on internet Redshift v4 £15 - a bargain !

Maurice Gavin - Worcester Park Ob

Maurice - amazing picture what with the Moon and all.

I didn't get out till 2am ish and can't ever recall a Moon so bright.

At first (unadapted) view I couldn't see a star much above about 45
degrees in a cloudless sky - clearest view was Auriga. Mars looking
positively dim for a change.

Plunged back to bed still unadapted.

Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
Old September 13th 03, 04:31 PM
Kevin Smith

Nicely done Maurice.

Kevin

Kevin Smith, www.kevsmith.com
www.siriusobservatoriesuk.com
DayStar Filters UK
Lille Coronographs, telecentrics, and Herschel wedges.