U.S. wants boots on the Moon by 2024

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 31st 19, 01:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rocket Man[_2_]

Default U.S. wants boots on the Moon by 2024

http://www.moondaily.com/reports/US_...asy_999.h tml

What are the chances of this really happening? I admire Bridenstine's
boldness, but this seems incredulous to me, as there haven't even been any
contracts awarded for building a lander. In addition, NASA is attempting to
build the Lunar Gateway and SLS at the same time.

If Bridenstine's serious about this he should cancel ISS, SLS and the Lunar
Gateway and start developing an architecture based on Falcon Heavy hauling
up and assembling subsections of a lunar mission (lander, service module,
reentry capsule, Trans-Lunar Injection stage) in orbit.

But given the current political climate, I don't see this ever becoming
reality.

ISS mission extended to 2024 Greg \(Strider\) Moore Space Station 7 January 13th 14 12:27 PM
Pac boots John Nichols Amateur Astronomy 11 November 21st 09 04:38 PM
ASTRO: NGC 2024, the Flame Nebula in Orion George Normandin[_1_] Astro Pictures 6 April 14th 08 04:56 PM
Proximity boots stephen Space Shuttle 0 March 18th 07 03:30 PM
Thermal boots Ed UK Astronomy 5 December 16th 05 10:00 PM