Planet Quest status

Old October 2nd 07, 06:42 PM posted to fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro.amateur

Default Planet Quest status

Statut du projet PlanetQuest
http://www.planetquest.org/
En résumé : pas d'argent jusqu'en 2007, un espoir de distribuer l'application
encore cette année, mais à confirmer.

From Planet Quest leader, Laurance doyle to the author :What is the current
status of this project ?
I'm sorry we have been rather delayed in our release of the PlanetQuest alpha.
This was due to funding mostly, but we kept up our observations and now have a
star catalogue of more than 2 million observations.
That being settled, we are now running the eclipising binary detector using
BOINC and the other algorithms will soon follow.
It's been a difficult year with no funding but we have some coming in again at
last. I hope we can release the alpha this year.
etc.

A+
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/planetquest.htm (French)