Gilgamesh

Old July 12th 03, 01:51 AM
John Beaderstadt

Default Gilgamesh

In watching NewsProxy's filtering do its thing, I notice a lot of
messages are getting posted to ssh by some yabbo(s) at
gilgamesh-frog.org. I'm not seeing any of them, because I wrote a
rule for NP to delete anything posted to three or more groups. So
far, that's deleted all of the Gilgamesh posts. Just in case, though,
I've written a second rule that will delete anything posted from that
domain.

Just thought you might like to know that it is possible to ignore
those creeps.

-------------
Beady's Analogy: "A conspiracy theory is the intellectual equivalent of a Rube Goldberg machine; it is an overly-complex and dramatic alternative for an accepted adequate, simpler and more mundane explanation."
Old July 12th 03, 12:48 PM
Alan Erskine

"John Beaderstadt" wrote in message
In watching NewsProxy's filtering do its thing, I notice a lot of
messages are getting posted to ssh by some yabbo(s) at
gilgamesh-frog.org. I'm not seeing any of them, because I wrote a
rule for NP to delete anything posted to three or more groups. So
far, that's deleted all of the Gilgamesh posts. Just in case, though,
I've written a second rule that will delete anything posted from that
domain.

Just thought you might like to know that it is possible to ignore
those creeps.

What about those of us who use OE?
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old July 12th 03, 02:20 PM
Bryan

John Beaderstadt wrote in
:

In watching NewsProxy's filtering do its thing, I notice a lot of
messages are getting posted to ssh by some yabbo(s) at
gilgamesh-frog.org. I'm not seeing any of them, because I wrote a
rule for NP to delete anything posted to three or more groups. So
far, that's deleted all of the Gilgamesh posts. Just in case, though,
I've written a second rule that will delete anything posted from that
domain.

Just thought you might like to know that it is possible to ignore
those creeps.

I do the same in all newsgroups with Xnews. It is very easy to do. Anything
through those anonymous remailers gets chucked out before I see it; it is
the only way to go, and it just gets rid of so much stupid stuff. Seems
like the anonymous remailers are primarily used for abuse. In fact, if
other people didn't refer to it in other threads I'd never see any of
that stuff at all.

Bryan

Old July 12th 03, 03:26 PM
John Beaderstadt

I was reading in the bathroom when I ran across an item written by
"Alan Erskine" on Sat, 12 Jul 2003
21:48:23 +1000, which said:

"John Beaderstadt" wrote in message
.. .
In watching NewsProxy's filtering do its thing, I notice a lot of
messages are getting posted to ssh by some yabbo(s) at
gilgamesh-frog.org. I'm not seeing any of them, because I wrote a
rule for NP to delete anything posted to three or more groups. So
far, that's deleted all of the Gilgamesh posts. Just in case, though,
I've written a second rule that will delete anything posted from that
domain.

Just thought you might like to know that it is possible to ignore
those creeps.

What about those of us who use OE?

You can probably use News Proxy (aka "nfilter"), just like I do. NP
is not a news reader, it's a sort of pre-filter. You configure it to
read off your news server, and then configure your reader to read off
"localhost." The beauty of NP is that it is completely open-ended;
you can write a filter for virtually anything that would appear in any
usenet post's header. Take a look: http://www.nfilter.org/faq.html

---------------
Beady's Corollary to Occam's Razor: "The likeliest explanation of any phenomenon is almost always the most boring."
Old July 12th 03, 04:17 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Alan Erskine typed:
"John Beaderstadt" wrote in message
In watching NewsProxy's filtering do its thing, I notice a lot of
messages are getting posted to ssh by some yabbo(s) at
gilgamesh-frog.org. I'm not seeing any of them, because I wrote a
rule for NP to delete anything posted to three or more groups. So
far, that's deleted all of the Gilgamesh posts. Just in case,
though, I've written a second rule that will delete anything posted
from that domain.

Just thought you might like to know that it is possible to ignore
those creeps.

What about those of us who use OE?

Alan, when adding a new address to block: Tools Message Rules
Blocked Senders List Add, Simply add the domain gilgamesh-frog.org
rather than a complete address. The list accepts domains as well as
addresses. ;-)
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,