New yearly meteor shower from Holmes?

Old November 1st 07, 12:12 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
JamesB

Default New yearly meteor shower from Holmes?

Is the cloud of dust/gas placed such that we'll get a new meteor shower each
year? Not sure of the "geometry" of where it is in relation to our orbit
etc..

James

Old November 1st 07, 12:14 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
JamesB

"JamesB" wrote in message
Is the cloud of dust/gas placed such that we'll get a new meteor shower
each year? Not sure of the "geometry" of where it is in relation to our
orbit etc..

James

Ah - just saw in an earlier post it doesn't come closer than Mars' orbit to
the sun, so I guess not...

Old November 1st 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
jochta[_2_]

JamesB wrote:
Is the cloud of dust/gas placed such that we'll get a new meteor shower
each year? Not sure of the "geometry" of where it is in relation to our
orbit etc..

James

It's orbit is entirely within the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. The Earth
gets nowhere near intercepting any dust stream it may leave behind.

What meteor shower? [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 7 August 15th 07 02:06 AM
Perseid Meteor Shower Mij Adyaw Amateur Astronomy 6 August 11th 05 03:21 PM
Meteor shower Margret Misc 17 May 21st 05 02:17 PM
Perseids meteor shower! Szaki Amateur Astronomy 11 August 13th 04 12:08 PM
meteor shower. Don McDonald Amateur Astronomy 12 February 5th 04 03:04 AM