PC Based Fits Viewer Feature

Old July 15th 04, 09:07 AM
David Blank

Default PC Based Fits Viewer Feature

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a free software package
for viewing FITS images that allows one to measure
the integrated flux of extended sources and is
available for PCs running windows. In particular,
is there one that allows the user to highlight a
region of the image with a mouse and get the software
to calculate and display the integrated flux. I know
KVIS does this, but it is available only for unix or
linux machines. I have looked at a few of the PC based
FITS viewers, but they don't have this feature.

Thank you,
David

[Mod. note: ds9 for windows should do this -- mjh]

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail