Curvature from dark energy/dark matter ZPF torsion fields

Old December 28th 06, 02:49 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
JanPB

Default Curvature from dark energy/dark matter ZPF torsion fields

On 2006-12-28 02:00:03 +0000, "JanPB" said:

Pmb wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi Ken

Please e-mail me at peter102560NOSPAM at comcast DOT com. I once again lost
your e-mail address due to the need to wipe my system clean and reinstall
windows xp from scratch. This time I'll put your e-mail address in my
hotmail contacts list. Thanks.

Just switch to Linux and forget Hotmail. I haven't seen a virus since
1999 and this without any antivirus protection besides the standard
Linux firewall settings.

Or do what I did and buy a Mac ;-)

I did that too. For video editing.

Admittedly also behind my own linux
firewall ;-)

For my Mac I'm lazily relying on whatever firewall is in the Cisco
router I use - still no virus problems. IMHO Bill Gates is the most
skilled hypnotist in the world, I just see no other explanation :-)

--
Jan Bielawski

Old December 28th 06, 02:55 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Phineas T Puddleduck

On 2006-12-28 02:49:18 +0000, "JanPB" said:

Or do what I did and buy a Mac ;-)

I did that too. For video editing.

Too much like creativity for me ;-)

Admittedly also behind my own linux
firewall ;-)

For my Mac I'm lazily relying on whatever firewall is in the Cisco
router I use - still no virus problems. IMHO Bill Gates is the most
skilled hypnotist in the world, I just see no other explanation :-)

I concur. I recently bought myself an Intel iMac and I'm still in love
with it ;-)

--

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan

Old December 28th 06, 03:08 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
JanPB

On 2006-12-28 02:49:18 +0000, "JanPB" said:

Or do what I did and buy a Mac ;-)

I did that too. For video editing.

Too much like creativity for me ;-)

I have lots of old (and new) videos that were never put in any sort of
watchable state. Editing is very interesting, I'm learning a lot of
unexpected bits in what makes a particular cut good or bad - some of it
is downright weird. For example, books on editing mention that
frequently a cut is improved if it's done on a _consonant_ (in the
dialogue) rather than on a vowel. I always thought this was baloney to
make the book look important - but they are right! I was fighting few
days ago with an insert both ends of which were jarring and clumsy, and
I finally adjusted to precisely cut them on consonants - and the thing
flowed smoothly! Or maybe it's self-hypnosis. Whatever it takes, hee
hee...

--
Jan Bielawski

Old December 28th 06, 03:13 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Phineas T Puddleduck

On 2006-12-28 03:08:32 +0000, "JanPB" said:

Too much like creativity for me ;-)

I have lots of old (and new) videos that were never put in any sort of
watchable state. Editing is very interesting, I'm learning a lot of
unexpected bits in what makes a particular cut good or bad - some of it
is downright weird. For example, books on editing mention that
frequently a cut is improved if it's done on a _consonant_ (in the
dialogue) rather than on a vowel. I always thought this was baloney to
make the book look important - but they are right! I was fighting few
days ago with an insert both ends of which were jarring and clumsy, and
I finally adjusted to precisely cut them on consonants - and the thing
flowed smoothly! Or maybe it's self-hypnosis. Whatever it takes, hee
hee...

I suppose its a prime example of actually doing the task being the best
way to learn - as you said, just reading about it would make you goo
"WHA?"... but then actualy doing it for yourself reinforces it...

Old December 28th 06, 03:30 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Ken S. Tucker

Pmb wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message
ups.com...

Pmb wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi Ken

Please e-mail me at peter102560NOSPAM at comcast DOT com.

I once again lost
your e-mail address due to the need to wipe my system clean and reinstall
windows xp from scratch. This time I'll put your e-mail address in my
hotmail contacts list. Thanks.

Best regards

Pete

Hi Pete, I've been slacking my course studies lately,
we lost a bit contact on our mutual study of Shultz sp
mainly cuz of holidays etc. and the chemo baby.

My email is
dynamics (at) uniserve.com
Best Regards
Ken

Do you still want to do Schutz?

Yes, especially when he has a new angle on the
classics or if he may provide some direction to
a future that departs from the classical.

What else are you studying?

I'm studying how to improve communications among
theoreticians.

For myself, as usual, I'm concerned with those six
asymmetrical metric tensors residing within our
metric teasing me, like g14 = -g41 etc.

Best to you Pete and all.
Ken

Old December 29th 06, 12:08 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
JanPB

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
JanPB wrote:
Aluminium Holocene Holodeck Zoroaster wrote:
11) Derek Wise, MacDowell-Mansouri gravity and Cartan geometry,
available as gr-qc/0611154.

Elie Cartan is one of the most influential of 20th-century geometers.
At one point he had an intense correspondence with Einstein on
general relativity. His "Cartan geometry" idea is an approach to
the concept of parallel transport that predates the widely used
Ehresmann approach (connections on principal bundles). It
simultaneously generalizes Riemannian geometry and Klein's Erlangen
program (see "week213"), in which geometries are described by their
symmetry groups:

EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY -------------- KLEIN GEOMETRY

| |
| |
| |
| |
v v

RIEMANNIAN GEOMETRY -------------- CARTAN GEOMETRY

Given all this, it's somewhat surprising how few physicists know
about Cartan geometry!

That's probably because Cartan's connection can be also phrased in
terms of an Ehresmann connection on an adjusted bundle. So at the end
of the day it's just a question of preference for a type of
"packaging".
Jan Bielawski

OK, Jan, using that so-called "packaging", can you
provide a means to relate how EM and gravitation
are unified at some level, for example, I find that
gravitation is a 2nd order effect of EM caused by
matter, just as magnetism is a 2nd order effect of
electrostatic's relatively to moving frame.

For a Cartan geometry on M defined by a principal H-bundle P over M
modelled on the Klein geometry (G,H), there is a 1-1 correspondence
between Cartan's connections on P and Ehresmann's connections on PxG/H
whose kernels do not contain (nonzero) vectors tangent to P
(considering P as embedded in PxG/H).

(PxG/H is the usual associated bundle construction with H acting on P
on the right and acting on G on the left by the mult. by inverse.)

The Cartan connection on P corresponding to the Ehresmann connection on
PxG/H is obtained by restricting the latter to P.

Proof - mostly a tedious verification - is in Sharpe's "Differential
Geometry" on pp. 365-368.

A given physical situation can be better expressed by one or the other
representation. But the 1-1 correspondence above indicates both
connections contain the same information.

--
Jan Bielawski

Old December 29th 06, 01:39 AM posted to sci.math,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Pmb

Pmb wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi Ken

Please e-mail me at peter102560NOSPAM at comcast DOT com.

Ken - I got this wrong. My e-mail address is peter102560NOSPAM at comcast
DOT net.

I.e. it ends in "net" and not "com"

Best Regards

Pete