another what if?

Old July 6th 03, 04:56 PM
Zdenek Jizba

Default another what if?

What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros). What if it is impossible to reveal that
knowledge because then the aliens would also
find out? What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?

Zdenek (Denny) Jizba

P.S.: If the objects on Eros and Phobos are
indeed alien artifacts, in my opinion they may
have been abandoned millions of years ago.

(For some background information on the sources
of these questions go to: http://groups.google.com/
and search for: jizba eros
By the way, the header "erotic images" is NOT
my doing. Someone else replaced my original
header for that thread.)

Old July 6th 03, 05:26 PM
Ron Miller

And what if pigs could fly? There are no alien bases on Phobos or Eros (or
on Mars, either, for that matter), so it's all rather pointless speculation.

RM

Old July 6th 03, 07:22 PM
Zdenek Jizba

Ron Miller wrote:

And what if pigs could fly? There are no alien bases on Phobos or Eros (or
on Mars, either, for that matter), so it's all rather pointless speculation.

Your response implies that you know what you are talking about.
So presumably you have knowledge of all the pertinent images.
There are two images of Eros for which I have no explanation,
(and have never seen one that would satisfy my personal
knowledge. I am a geologist) The images can be found at

http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000503/index.html

(this one is hard to explain, but from the geological point of
view the next one just does not have an explanation

http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000522/index.html

The three objects I would like to bring to your attention are
the two mounds (jpl calls them "boulders" which they are NOT)
and the large aspect ratio needle like object next to them.
Unfortunately a close up image of these three objects shown
on a later image of the day were later removed from the archive.
WHY???

Old July 6th 03, 08:52 PM
Ron Miller

They look like rocks to me. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, you
know.

You say very definitely that these are "NOT" boulders---but you don't
explain why you say this. What makes you think they are not?

Just because you have no explanation for something does not mean that it is
forever inexplicable---only that you do not have enough information.

Old July 6th 03, 05:47 PM
Impmon

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:56:17 GMT, Zdenek Jizba
typed:

What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?

It's already happened. Men in Black movies may be listed as sci-fi but
it's really documentary.

--
All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
reaching my inbox. To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net
Old July 6th 03, 10:40 PM
CeeBee

Zdenek Jizba wrote

What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors

What if you start posting in alt.alien groups instead of in an astronomy
newsgroup?

Small effort for you, big relieve for us.

--
CeeBee

CeeBee's Rant @ http://www.geocities.com/ceebee_2
Old July 6th 03, 10:42 PM
Starlord

What If the clueless got a Life?

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message
What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros).

---