ASTRO: Crawling out of winter

Old March 29th 08, 05:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Crawling out of winter

Hi, This is my first deep-sky astro image since last November. We have
gotten over 105" of snow this season and its not even April. Rick I don't
even want to hear about it because we get everything you get...just a bit
warmer. I live in west MI and the weather flows through your area first
then on to us:-) I was a little rusty remembering how everything worked
but I did manage to get this test shot of the Leo Trio. As you can see the
frame was not centered very well. 4 x 3min @ 800asa with 4" TAK with f/6
reducer. Canon XTi modded shot in JPEG mode.

Thanks for lookin'

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m65-66-12min-DD.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1813
Old March 29th 08, 04:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

still it came out pretty nice Joe

welcome to spring galaxy season

Old March 29th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

J McBride wrote:
Hi, This is my first deep-sky astro image since last November. We have
gotten over 105" of snow this season and its not even April. Rick I don't
even want to hear about it because we get everything you get...just a bit
warmer. I live in west MI and the weather flows through your area first
then on to us:-) I was a little rusty remembering how everything worked
but I did manage to get this test shot of the Leo Trio. As you can see the
frame was not centered very well. 4 x 3min @ 800asa with 4" TAK with f/6
reducer. Canon XTi modded shot in JPEG mode.

Thanks for lookin'

Joe

Nice shot of the triplets.

105" is way beyond what we got here. Only about 40" though we needed
the 105" to help with the severe drought we are in here. Think we were
too cold to snow most of the time. Also the path went south of us
angling up your way. I'll take the cold over all that snow.

Still have about 18" on the ground here where the sun doesn't hit.
Yours must be a lot deeper. Lake ice is still almost 2' thick as well.
More in the forecast though it usually melts in a couple days so
doesn't stick around. Just makes the snow free date move farther into
the future.

Rick

Old March 30th 08, 03:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

This is a nice overwiew of this triplet! like it Joe.
Reg
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.

Old March 30th 08, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Nice shot Joe!

J McBride wrote:
Hi, This is my first deep-sky astro image since last November. We have
gotten over 105" of snow this season and its not even April. Rick I don't
even want to hear about it because we get everything you get...just a bit
warmer. I live in west MI and the weather flows through your area first
then on to us:-) I was a little rusty remembering how everything worked
but I did manage to get this test shot of the Leo Trio. As you can see the
frame was not centered very well. 4 x 3min @ 800asa with 4" TAK with f/6
reducer. Canon XTi modded shot in JPEG mode.

Thanks for lookin'

Joe

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3
Old March 31st 08, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"J McBride" wrote
Hi, This is my first deep-sky astro image since last November.....

Great image Joe! Welcome to "early spring"!

Your Tak is the 102?? I used one for one evening a few years ago. Great
scope!

George N

Old April 1st 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Thanks for all the kind comments. It was the only clear night I have been
able to image with out a moon. Its been a real tease. Maybe tonight later
on it will clear out.

Joe

"J McBride" wrote in message
Hi, This is my first deep-sky astro image since last November. We have
gotten over 105" of snow this season and its not even April. Rick I don't
even want to hear about it because we get everything you get...just a bit
warmer. I live in west MI and the weather flows through your area first
then on to us:-) I was a little rusty remembering how everything worked
but I did manage to get this test shot of the Leo Trio. As you can see

the
frame was not centered very well. 4 x 3min @ 800asa with 4" TAK with f/6
reducer. Canon XTi modded shot in JPEG mode.

Thanks for lookin'

Joe

Vic Winter ... RIP Anthony Ayiomamitis Amateur Astronomy 11 February 11th 07 07:29 AM
The Winter Triangle! Double-A Misc 2 November 14th 06 06:37 PM
145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 8 March 9th 06 03:16 PM
Mars: The conspiracy nutters are crawling out of the woodwork. Stephen Tonkin UK Astronomy 3 January 29th 04 11:19 PM