|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
[fitsbits] WCSLIB 3.3
As presaged at the FITS BoF at ADASS, WCSLIB 3.3 is now available from
This release contains some fixes to WCSLIB 3.2 gleaned from usage in
aips++ but the main changes are primarily in PGSBOX. Change notes for
each are appended.
WCSLIB version 3.3 (2003/10/21)
* In celset(), the default value for phi_p (LONPOLE) is
phi_p = phi_0 + ((delta_0 theta_0) ? 180.0 : 0.0)
Previously phi_0 (which is normally zero) was not added. Reported by
David Berry ).
* wcsprt() and linprt() now check that the structs have been initialized.
* In wcsini(), when the wcsprm flag is -1 also set the linprm flag to -1 to
force initialization of the memory managed by linset().
* wcsset() now explicitly initializes the celprm and spcprm structs via
celini() and spcini().
* Fixed syntax errors in the macro definitions of linrev_errmsg and
* In Makefile, added the -ansi option to gcc to force it to behave like a
strict ANSI C compiler, specifically in setting the __STDC__ preprocessor
PGSBOX version 3.3 (2003/10/21)
* PGSBOX now recognizes status returns -1, -2, and -3 from NLFUNC for opcodes
+2 and +1 which cause it to accept the returned (x,y) coordinates but not
consider them as one end of a crossing segment for labelling world
coordinate 1, 2, or both.
* PGSBOX now takes care not to lose vertical tick marks (and hence labels) at
the left or right edge of the frame. Likewise for horizontal tick marks at
the top or bottom edge of the frame.
* Tightened up the test in PGSBOX for cycles in angle to catch the case where
the coordinate value spans a full 360 degrees.
* PGSBOX will no longer accept frame crossings that are too oblique; floating
point rounding errors may cause grid lines that should otherwise track along
the frame to weave down it from side-to-side resulting in spurious crossing
* Fixed a bug in pgwcsl_() for processing simple linear coordinates.
* pgwcsl_() now returns error -2 if the latitude is outside -90 to +90 for
opcodes +2 and +1.
* Amended the translation of status return codes from WCSLIB in pgwcsl_().
* Provided a header file for pgwcsl_() (mainly for C++ usage).
* Added extra test plots to PGTEST and cpgtest.
* Added extra functionality to the Makefile.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[fitsbits] [fitswcs] WCSLIB 3.3||Stephen Walton||FITS||0||October 22nd 03 07:38 PM|
|[fitsbits] AST V3.0 now available||David Berry||FITS||0||October 9th 03 04:40 PM|
|[fitsbits] proposed FITS MIME types Internet Draft||Steve Allen||FITS||0||October 1st 03 05:49 AM|
|[fitsbits] INSTRUME, TELESCOP, etc.||Steve Allen||FITS||2||August 4th 03 07:04 PM|