Dragon pods.

Old March 5th 13, 09:33 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Dragon pods.

Is this problem with the attitude control pods to do with fuel sloshing as
has been seen on other craft or is it something new.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old March 5th 13, 11:50 AM posted to sci.space.station
Jochem Huhmann

"Brian Gaff" writes:

Is this problem with the attitude control pods to do with fuel sloshing as
has been seen on other craft or is it something new.

The problem was that some propellant tanks weren't pressurized. Looks
like a valve was stuck somewhere or a helium line was blocked.

I'm sure that SpaceX will go with a very fine comb over this Dragon as
soon as they have it back.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
Old March 5th 13, 04:01 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Damn, I wondered where I put my chewing gum.
grin

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jochem Huhmann" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" writes:

Is this problem with the attitude control pods to do with fuel sloshing
as
has been seen on other craft or is it something new.

The problem was that some propellant tanks weren't pressurized. Looks
like a valve was stuck somewhere or a helium line was blocked.

I'm sure that SpaceX will go with a very fine comb over this Dragon as
soon as they have it back.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take
away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Dragon has returned Alan Erskine[_3_] Space Shuttle 10 June 22nd 12 05:44 AM
Pods to the Asteroids Snidely Policy 5 February 3rd 12 07:14 PM
Enterprise OV-101 missing OMS pods Allen Newman History 78 December 6th 04 02:37 AM
Enterprise OV-101 missing OMS pods Allen Newman Space Shuttle 71 November 13th 04 11:25 PM
Escape pods for shuttles could extend STS service life Hallerb Space Shuttle 1 August 4th 03 09:45 AM