[fitsbits] frequency definitions

Old May 7th 09, 04:10 PM posted to sci.astro.fits
Arnold Rots

Default [fitsbits] frequency definitions

Doesn't Lindegren & Dravins cover the radio case as well?
The definition is mentioned in Eq. 8.
The only thing missing from the paper, as far as I can tell, is a
discussion of LSR - LSR-K and LSR-D.

- Arnold

Steve Allen wrote:
On Wed 2009-05-06T14:25:53 -0400, Arnold Rots hath writ:
And, of course, one may prefer barycentric over LSR velocities when
working on extragalactic data.

This prompts me to ask.

Is there is a paper akin to
Lindegren and Dravins
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2003A%26A...401.1185L
which addresses the same sorts of issues of
"what do we mean when we say frequency/radial-velocity?"

In particular, a paper which addresses the issues with the contexts of
both the recent IAU definitions about precision of definitions and the
traditions of radio astronomy?

--
Steve Allen WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855

Arnold H. Rots Chandra X-ray Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory tel: +1 617 496 7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67 fax: +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
USA
http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~arots/
Old May 31st 09, 09:50 AM
yuqingeng2007 yuqingeng2007 is offline
Junior Member

Red face jesting17

4. A physics Examination Poly aluminium ChlorideOnce in a physics examination, Nick finished the first question very soon, while his classmates were thinking it hard. The question was: When it thunders why do we see the lighting first, then hear the thunderrolls? Nick\'s answer: Because our eyes are before ears. Jim’s History Examination Uncle: How did Jim do in his history examination? Mother: Oh, not at all well, but there, it wasn't his fault. They asked him things that happened before the poor boy was born.聚合氯化铝Water treatment chemicals
Poly aluminium Chloride

[fitsbits] frequency definitions Tom Kuiper[_2_] FITS 9 May 6th 09 08:24 PM
[fitsbits] frequency definitions Steve Allen FITS 0 May 6th 09 07:43 PM
[fitsbits] frequency definitions Arnold Rots FITS 0 May 6th 09 07:25 PM
definitions Mike Amateur Astronomy 0 March 29th 06 08:04 PM
Definitions Astro "Messier Objects" Mark F. Amateur Astronomy 11 March 8th 04 04:02 AM