How to get high Qlty bias,flat,light & dark frames?

Old December 28th 07, 08:50 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
tlkw79

Default How to get high Qlty bias,flat,light & dark frames?

Hi to all,

I ma a newbie in DSLR astrophotography. Just bought a Pentax K100D
super and wish to start my DSLR astrophotography journey. So, the
first question is any good way to get high quality bias, flat, light
and dark frames through DSLR?

Or maybe some special techniques, tips and tricks? Mind to share out?
Any websites that I can point to?

Hope gurus can help me on this.

Regards,

Tommy
Old December 31st 07, 01:54 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Matt

Or maybe some special techniques, tips and tricks? Mind to share out?
Any websites that I can point to?

Well, nobody's answering my questions so I might as well try to answer
yours - try
"The Handbook of Astronomical Image Processing" by Berry and Burnell,
available
from Willman Bell at www.willbell.com . You might get a copy from a
local library. Mine's
from the local university, but the cd is missing, so I've ordered my
own copy. Fairly
pricey, but an excellent book, and with free image processing software
(if the cd hasn't been
swiped, of course). The software is AIP4WIN 2.0 which you'll find
referenced all over on the internet.
Hope that's helpful. Really is an interesting read. I'm waiting
impatiently to get at the other
imaging books on the library shelf.

Regards,

Matt Turner

Dark frames Thomas Womack Amateur Astronomy 7 September 24th 04 10:54 PM
Dark Frames Stuart M UK Astronomy 5 March 16th 04 05:18 PM
sensor/system calibration: dark = bias + thermal [email protected] CCD Imaging 4 February 16th 04 01:53 PM
Registax and Dark Frames W. Watson CCD Imaging 2 February 13th 04 11:07 PM
Registax and Dark Frames W. Watson Amateur Astronomy 2 February 12th 04 05:30 PM