IC 1318 complex nebula in Cepheus

Old September 18th 10, 07:18 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Danilo Pivato

Default IC 1318 complex nebula in Cepheus

Hi all,

I would like to share an image of IC1318 taken last night from my balcony
observatory.
This was imaged with a Telephoto Nikon 200mm and ST10xme CCD camera using
H-alpha filter. Image sequence was 8 x 1800 seconds

http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...6_ha_300mm.htm

Clear Skies,
Danilo Pivato
--
MySiteWeb: http://www.danilopivato.com

Old September 18th 10, 09:22 AM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
susan

Oh, now that is Lovely! And utterly humbling to realize those tiny puffs
of "smoke" are measured, not in feet or miles, but lightyears across...

duly humbled, susan

Old September 20th 10, 06:47 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Danilo Pivato

Thank you, Susan!!!
I now consider you one of my ... admirer!
Best regards,

Danilo Pivato

Old September 21st 10, 03:28 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Dan Birchall[_4_]

Danilo Pivato wrote:

This was imaged with a Telephoto Nikon 200mm and ST10xme CCD camera using
H-alpha filter. Image sequence was 8 x 1800 seconds

http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...6_ha_300mm.htm

From the filename, I am confused - was it at 200mm, or 300mm?

8x1800, wow, that is a lot of exposure!

-Dan
Old September 21st 10, 05:53 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Danilo Pivato

Dan,

Yes, I apologize for the mistake! The lens is a 300mm f/2,8 stop at f/5,6.
Best regards,

Danilo Pivato
--

"Dan Birchall" ha scritto nel messaggio Danilo Pivato wrote:

This was imaged with a Telephoto Nikon 200mm and ST10xme CCD camera using
H-alpha filter. Image sequence was 8 x 1800 seconds

http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...6_ha_300mm.htm

From the filename, I am confused - was it at 200mm, or 300mm?