Perihelion of Mercury question

Old December 27th 06, 05:10 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Jerry

Default Perihelion of Mercury question

Sorcerer wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...

| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| |
| | Sorcerer wrote:
| | "Jerry" wrote in message oups.com...
| | | Sorcerer wrote:
| | | "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| | | |
> [...]
| | | | | |
> [...]
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| | | **** off, I do as I please, you do not give me assignments.
| | | Explain why the velocity curve of your magical huff puff
| | | star is accidentally Keplerian.
| | |
| | | What Kepler thinks of your psychiatry:
| | | http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Kepler.gif
| | |
| | | Dog ate your homework... ****head?
| | |
| | | Androcles,
| | |
| | | YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL that a simple Sekerin model yields computed
| | | radial velocity curves that are 90 degrees out of sync with the
| | | results of actual observation.
| |
| | So provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| |
| | For starters, how about the web site of one of your fellow
| | emission-theory supporters (but one far more polite)?
| | http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/binarie2.htm
|

| No Julian dates. Provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
|
| You are stalling.

Stop running your mouth and provide the data.

Your repeated stalling reaffirms that YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF MEETING
THE CHALLENGE.

Your task is to simultaneously model all features of the luminosity
and radial velocity curves of RT Aurigae.

The data that you need to fit are here in these two papers:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1969MNRAS.142..295B
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...NRAS.117..406E

YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL that a simple Sekerin model yields computed
radial velocity curves that are 90 degrees out of sync with the
results of actual observation. With Cepheids, the peak of the radial
velocity curve closely (but in general, does not exactly) coincides
with the peak of the luminosity curve. In Sekerin's model, the radial
velocity curve lags the luminosity curve by a quarter cycle.

Even modified forms of Sekerin's model fail to match all features of
the observed radial velocity curves. For example, a modified Doppler
formula has been tried. While this modified formula allows matching
phase between the radial velocity and luminosity curves and provides
a QUALITATIVE match between the shape of the computed radial velocity
curve and the observed curve, the computed radial velocity curve
fails on a QUANTITATIVE level. The computed radial velocities simply
do not match the observed radial velocities.

That is why you resort to snipping and abuse.
You simply cannot do the fit, and you know it.

Jerry

Old December 27th 06, 05:14 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Jerry

HW@..... wrote:
On 26 Dec 2006 11:48:11 -0800, "Jerry" wrote:

Sorcerer wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...

| For starters, how about the web site of one of your fellow
| emission-theory supporters (but one far more polite)?
| http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/binarie2.htm

No Julian dates. Provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!

You are stalling. These are WELL-KNOWN problems of the Sekerin model,
which even your fellow emission-theorists acknowledge represent a
difficulty.

Henri, for instance, simply tries to pretend that definitive data
doesn't exist relating radial velocity with luminosity, so no
problem! YOU, however, DO know that the data exists, don't you?

Henri now knows that the observed radial velocity curves can be very differnet
from the true ones at the source.

Now that I have some free time, I will be working on my variable star program
again and wil be able to provide my info about this.

Of course, you snipped most of my relevant comments.
Let me restore them.

[...]

You resort to boring repetition of your own beliefs. You admit you know nothing
about physics.

read the cepheid articles. You will find that invariably, the velocity curves
are based on very vague data. ....EASY TO MANIPULATE, EH?....

Here are high precision photometric measurements of luminosity and
radial velocity curves of RT Aurigae.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1969MNRAS.142..295B
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...NRAS.117..406E

Fit the data, Henri. And
PUBLISH THE CODE THAT YOU USED TO FIT THE DATA.

Jerry

Old December 27th 06, 05:54 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Sorcerer

HW@..... wrote in message ...
| On 26 Dec 2006 08:42:30 -0800, "Jerry" wrote:
|
| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| |
| | Sorcerer wrote:
| | "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| | | Sorcerer wrote:
|
| | | The light curve varies between
| | | approximately magnitude 5.0 to 5.9, in agreement with other
| | | observations.
| |
| | So ****ing what?
| | The velocity curve of your magical huff puff star is a Keplerian curve,
| | mobster with the obstinacy of a glutted adder.
| |
| | |
| | | You prefer a fully refereed paper to a brief online discussion?
| |
| |
| | No, I prefer you to explain why the velocity curve of your huff puff
| | star is accidentally Keplerian.
| | [snip unwanted crap]
| |
| | YOU need
|
| **** off, I do as I please, you do not give me assignments.
| Explain why the velocity curve of your magical huff puff
| star is accidentally Keplerian.
|
| What Kepler thinks of your psychiatry:
| http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Kepler.gif
|
| Dog ate your homework... ****head?
|
| Androcles,
|
| YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL that a simple Sekerin model yields computed
| radial velocity curves that are 90 degrees out of sync with the
| results of actual observation.
|
| This is not true, as I have resently discovered.

Exactly, H. The lying bitch knows perfectly well she's either a ****head or a liar.
I go with ****head.

You must realise the observed

Old December 27th 06, 07:05 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Sorcerer

"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...

| HW@..... wrote:
| On 26 Dec 2006 11:48:11 -0800, "Jerry" wrote:
|

| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| |

| | For starters, how about the web site of one of your fellow
| | emission-theory supporters (but one far more polite)?
| | http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/binarie2.htm
|

| No Julian dates. Provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
|
| You are stalling. These are WELL-KNOWN problems of the Sekerin model,
| which even your fellow emission-theorists acknowledge represent a
| difficulty.
|
| Henri, for instance, simply tries to pretend that definitive data
| doesn't exist relating radial velocity with luminosity, so no
| problem! YOU, however, DO know that the data exists, don't you?
|
| Henri now knows that the observed radial velocity curves can be very differnet
| from the true ones at the source.
|
| Now that I have some free time, I will be working on my variable star program
| again and wil be able to provide my info about this.
|
| Of course, you snipped most of my relevant comments.
| Let me restore them.
|
| Androcles,
|
| YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL that a simple Sekerin model yields computed
| radial velocity curves that are 90 degrees out of sync with the
| results of actual observation. With Cepheids, the peak of the radial
| velocity curve closely (but in general, does not exactly) coincides
| with the peak of the luminosity curve. In Sekerin's model, the radial
| velocity curve lags the luminosity curve by a quarter cycle.
|
| Even modified forms of Sekerin's model fail to match all features of
| the observed radial velocity curves. For example, a modified Doppler
| formula has been tried. While this modified formula allows matching
| phase between the radial velocity and luminosity curves and provides
| a QUALITATIVE match between the shape of the computed radial velocity
| curve and the observed curve, the computed radial velocity curve
| fails on a QUANTITATIVE level. The computed radial velocities simply
| do not match the observed radial velocities.
|
| That is why you resort to snipping and abuse.
| You simply cannot do the fit, and you know it.
|
| You resort to boring repetition of your own beliefs. You admit you know nothing
| about physics.
|
| read the cepheid articles. You will find that invariably, the velocity curves
| are based on very vague data. ....EASY TO MANIPULATE, EH?....
|
| Here are high precision photometric measurements of luminosity and
| radial velocity curves of RT Aurigae.
|
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1969MNRAS.142..295B
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...NRAS.117..406E
|
| Fit the data, Henri.

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...ur_Harvard.GIF

Refereed by Androcles.
Shut the **** up, cartoon mouse.

| And
| PUBLISH THE CODE THAT YOU USED TO FIT THE DATA.

Can you read hexadecimal?
It's easier than Henri's code.
I'll publish mine if Harvard publishes the code they used to produce it.
I expect Chicago might be interested, 'cos there is no agreement there.

Old December 27th 06, 07:51 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Sorcerer

"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...

| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| | Sorcerer wrote:
| | "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| | |
| | | Sorcerer wrote:
| | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| | | So provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| | |
| | | For starters, how about the web site of one of your fellow
| | | emission-theory supporters (but one far more polite)?
| | | http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/binarie2.htm
| |
| |
| | No Julian dates. Provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| |
| | You are stalling.
|
| Stop running your mouth and provide the data, ****head.
|
| Your repeated stalling reaffirms that YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF MEETING
| THE CHALLENGE.
|
| Your task is to simultaneously model all features of the luminosity
| and radial velocity curves of RT Aurigae.
|
| The data that you need to fit are here in these two papers:
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1969MNRAS.142..295B

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...ur_Harvard.GIF
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/RTAurVel.GIF (Chicago)

You know perfectly well that totally disagrees with the Chicago curves.

There is no conspiracy, the ****heads can't even agree to conspire.
The data you need to fit is here.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/KepVel.gif
No doubt you think Henri and I and Kepler and Galileo and Newton
are conspiring.

Your task is to stop running your mouth and learn, YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF MEETING THE CHALLENGE -- ****HEAD.

Old December 27th 06, 07:53 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Sorcerer

"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...

| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| |
| | Sorcerer wrote:
| | "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| | |
| | | Sorcerer wrote:
| | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| | | So provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| | |
| | | For starters, how about the web site of one of your fellow
| | | emission-theory supporters (but one far more polite)?
| | | http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/binarie2.htm
| |
| |
| | No Julian dates. Provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| |
| | You are stalling.
|
| Stop running your mouth and provide the data.
|
| Your repeated stalling reaffirms that YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF MEETING
| THE CHALLENGE.
|
| Your task is to simultaneously model all features of the luminosity
| and radial velocity curves of RT Aurigae.
|
| The data that you need to fit are here in these two papers:
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1969MNRAS.142..295B
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...NRAS.117..406E
|
| YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL
you are trolling.

**** OFF!

Old December 27th 06, 07:54 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Sorcerer

"Jerry" wrote in message oups.com...

| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| |
| | Sorcerer wrote:
| | "Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| | |
| | | Sorcerer wrote:
| | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| | | So provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| | |
| | | For starters, how about the web site of one of your fellow
| | | emission-theory supporters (but one far more polite)?
| | | http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/binarie2.htm
| |
| |
| | No Julian dates. Provide the data, Julian dates of the velocity curve, YOU ****ING ****HEAD!
| |
| | You are stalling.
|
| Stop running your mouth and provide the data.
|
| Your repeated stalling reaffirms that YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF MEETING
| THE CHALLENGE.
|
| Your task is to simultaneously model all features of the luminosity
| and radial velocity curves of RT Aurigae.
|
| The data that you need to fit are here in these two papers:
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1969MNRAS.142..295B
| http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/np...NRAS.117..406E
|
| YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL

you are trolling.

Old December 27th 06, 08:24 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Jerry

Sorcerer wrote:

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/RTAurVel.GIF (Chicago)

http://mysite.verizon.net/cephalobus...Luminosity.gif

You know perfectly well that you goofed.

Jerry

Old December 27th 06, 08:42 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Jerry

Sorcerer wrote:

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...ur_Harvard.GIF
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/RTAurVel.GIF (Chicago)

You know perfectly well that totally disagrees with the Chicago curves.

There is no conspiracy, the ****heads can't even agree to conspire.

Note the opposite SIGN CONVENTIONS employed.
Note that V was monitored at different colors.
Note that dr/dt is zeroed differently from the velocity curve.

Note that you got your graphs mixed up/

Old December 27th 06, 08:53 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Sorcerer

"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
| Sorcerer wrote:
|
| http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/RTAurVel.GIF (Chicago)
|
| http://mysite.verizon.net/cephalobus...Luminosity.gif
|
| You know perfectly well that you goofed.
|
| Jerry

So you SNIP.
| YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL

you are trolling.