PHOTO OF THE WEEK, M33 in Color

Old December 30th 03, 03:16 PM
Jack Schmidling

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, M33 in Color

As promised last week (weather permitting and it did) we have the
color version of M33 taken with the 4.25" Astrograph.

js

PHOTO OF THE WEEK... http://schmidling.netfirms.com/weekly.htm
Old December 30th 03, 11:22 PM
Richard Crisp

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
om...
As promised last week (weather permitting and it did) we have the
color version of M33 taken with the 4.25" Astrograph.

js

PHOTO OF THE WEEK... http://schmidling.netfirms.com/weekly.htm

That's always a neat target and you did a good job with it. One of the
really fun things about CCD imaging is that you can take a single frame
through a single filter and get joy, but after a few days of gathering data
through multiple filters, it really takes on a life. I guess it is sort of
like cheese: it takes some time to get really good.

BTW, Jack, the cheese making sounds really wonderful. I just love good aged
cheddar, and have such a hard time finding it. There's a Canadian brand I
used to like, the Black Diamond White Cheddar that was good, but it is
nearly impossible to find. So is it reasonable to expect a first batch to
come out really good?

Sorry for the OT, but I noticed the cheese making information on your
website and am very intrigued.

thanks
Richard