Gravity Creation Idea (don't assume troll)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 4th 05, 06:06 PM
Matthew Hagston

Default Gravity Creation Idea (don't assume troll)

There's an idea that's been going through my head dealing with creating
artificial gravity, before you think troll just stay with me here. It deals
with two of Einstein's papers; the first stating as an object speed
accelerates closer towards the speed of light, it's mass increases, the
second states mass is directly related to gravity. So Take an object like a
large super-conductive disk, inside a vacuum to reduce friction, and spin
it. If you can make it spin fast enough (up towards the speed of light) you
should be able to create gravity with out having the real mass required.
Creating a sort of virtual mass so to speak.

I realize there must be something wrong with my logic because this seems
like such a simple solution, so I invite some criticism here.

--
Matthew Hagston
Hungates Creative Toys and Hobbies