Relocation of ISS to ME-L1

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 9th 04, 07:23 AM
Brad Guth

Default Relocation of ISS to ME-L1

This topic of RELOCATING ISS to the moon/Earth L1 (mutual
gravity-well/gateway) position was never something that I'd intended as
an argument as to why it shouldn't or couldn't be accomplished, as I'm
actually looking for the positive side of the many issues which I
believe are surmountable in spite of whatever the mainstream thinks.

This is also about our utilizing and/or making due with what we've got
to work with in a timely and affordable option as to otherwise
continuing down the reentry path of seeing those thousand points of
light that simply will not exist for much longer unless loads of fuel is
delivered to ISS.

This is actually another of my fairly old *can do* topics of applying
the known laws of physics and technology that's been at hand, of
providing a perfectly good and moral as well as scientifically
beneficial alternative to the otherwise spendy LSE-CM/ISS, as well as to
salvaging and thereby fully utilizing our ISS for exactly what it was
intended for, rather than seeing it burn up upon reentry.

I believe relocating ISS into the mutual gravity-well of the ME-L1 zone
is technically doable, though of getting such tonnage there is surely
going to become somewhat testy. Of station-keeping once situated within
this nearby nullification/gateway zone may become a bit complex at
first, though I believe ISS and of it's onboard computers, plus of
everything that's remotely doable from the standpoint of the control
station here on Earth is certainly adaptable for accomplishing exactly
this sort of task.

An honest team of extremely capable Russians, plus ESA and even the
Chinese are becoming fully capable of accomplishing this task within
acceptable safety and cost limitations (NASA need not apply), and the
rewards are certainly many that I can think of. Although, until more
substantial shielding is applied, robotics may have to take all the
credits, as there should be somewhat greater risk for the ISS crew, as
well as for accommodating their to/from commute that'll shift from
minutes to days, but other than that there's only loads of absolute
positives for humanity and thereby of terrific Earth and moon science
that many of us can take to the bank.

BTW; If this isn't a perfectly good topic, or if this one should become
otherwise banished, please feel free as to selecting something other to
focus my attention upon.

Regards, Brad GUTH / GASA~IEIS http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm