ASTRO: The real colors of the moon

Old April 26th 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: The real colors of the moon

Ok, did found this site: http://www.colormoon.pt.to/ ... and another
eyeopener :-)
The attached photo I enhanced digitally to reveal the real colors of the
moon.

Quote from the site: "Usually we see the moon as a monochromatic world
only with releif and albedo features to observe,
but there is something on the surface hidden to the naked eye that everyone
can capture with a digital camera, or just plain analog film. f you observe
some particular features on the lunar surface through a telescope you will
notice for sure some tiny differences in the hues of the various greys of
the surface, as there are many different geological formations composed of
different minerals, so there must be a difference, even though very subtle
to our eyes, in the color. But to digital and analogic image capture devices
it is an easy task to record color information with quite good accuracy, so
it can be enhanced afterwords by digital processing to allow us to see it
too!"

I used a slightly other methode (but based on what is described on that
site) to reveal the real colors of the moon ... it was such fun to see it
turning from a gray moon to a color moon :-)

--
Menno
=====================

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_1207_013835.moon_real_colors.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	755
Old April 26th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Milton Aupperle

In article , TheCroW
wrote:

Ok, did found this site: http://www.colormoon.pt.to/ ... and another
eyeopener :-)
The attached photo I enhanced digitally to reveal the real colors of the
moon.

---------Snipped--------

Check these out if you want to see other examples:

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImag...0070224MJA.jpg

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImag...050216_MJA.jpg

(Scroll right for enhanced version)

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImag...050419_MJA.jpg

(Scroll right for enhanced version)

They are from my web site at

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImages/AstroIndex.html

HTH..

Milton Aupperle
Old April 27th 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Found another image more suited for this. Looks more like I wanted it. Going
to take another shot at this (when it's clear that is) with full moon when
all light (or most of it) is equal :-)

Menno

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maan_mozaiek2_kleur.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	757
Old April 27th 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Ok, did found this site: http://www.colormoon.pt.to/ ... and another
eyeopener :-)
The attached photo I enhanced digitally to reveal the real colors of the
moon.

---------Snipped--------

Check these out if you want to see other examples:

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImag...0070224MJA.jpg

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImag...050216_MJA.jpg

(Scroll right for enhanced version)

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImag...050419_MJA.jpg

(Scroll right for enhanced version)

They are from my web site at

http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImages/AstroIndex.html

HTH..

Milton Aupperle

Okay, very nice!! Did some more searching too and there is lot to learn
about it this way :-)

Menno

Old April 27th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"TheCroW" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the tip. For what it's worth, here's my attempt. I think I
lost a lot of red because I have an unaltered Cannon 300d, and so the
infrared filter is still in place. This image was taken last October.
Enjoy,

George

Attached Images
File Type: jpg moon1b.jpg (193.7 KB, 119 views)
Old April 27th 07, 07:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"TheCroW" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, I don't know exactly why my first one came out the way it did,
but here is another attempt using a stacked full moon image I obtained last
October. I think it came out a lot better. Same camera. Enjoy,

George

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moon1c.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	760
Old April 28th 07, 12:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Actually, I don't know exactly why my first one came out the way it did,
but here is another attempt using a stacked full moon image I obtained
last October. I think it came out a lot better. Same camera. Enjoy,

George

Agreed :-)
Really hoping on some clear skies when it's full moon. Lot's of
experimenting to do then :-)

Menno