Escape From A Black Hole

Old December 5th 03, 02:43 AM
flamestar

Default Escape From A Black Hole

Escape from a black hole is possible. Relativity says the mass of a
body increases as it approaches the speed of light. Oh course once a
body reaches the speed of light the mass becomes infinite. However we
don't have to reach the speed of light just comes close enough to the
speed of light so the object becomes a black hole. Then we slow up
the object and it stops being a black hole.
Old December 10th 03, 08:50 PM
variable magnitude

"flamestar" wrote in message
om...
Escape from a black hole is possible. Relativity says the mass of a
body increases as it approaches the speed of light. Oh course once a
body reaches the speed of light the mass becomes infinite.

really?

However we
don't have to reach the speed of light just comes close enough to the
speed of light so the object becomes a black hole.

excuse me?

Then we slow up the object

how?

and it stops being a black hole.

so how did you escape the black hole?

Old December 14th 03, 10:34 AM
Matthew Montchalin

variable magnitude wrote:
|"flamestar" wrote in message
. com...
| Escape from a black hole is possible. Relativity says the mass of a
| body increases as it approaches the speed of light. Oh course once a
| body reaches the speed of light the mass becomes infinite.
|
|really?

Conjecturally.

?

| Then we slow up the object
|
|how?

Through a close interaction with another object going the other
direction.

| and it stops being a black hole.
|
|so how did you escape the black hole?

Don't most black holes eventually split apart, and turn into two
or more *smaller* (less massive) black holes?

Old December 15th 03, 07:50 PM
variable magnitude

"Matthew Montchalin" wrote in message
variable magnitude wrote:
|"flamestar" wrote in message
. com...
| Escape from a black hole is possible. Relativity says the mass of a
| body increases as it approaches the speed of light. Oh course once a
| body reaches the speed of light the mass becomes infinite.
|
|really?

Conjecturally.

?

| Then we slow up the object
|
|how?

Through a close interaction with another object going the other
direction.

| and it stops being a black hole.
|
|so how did you escape the black hole?

Don't most black holes eventually split apart, and turn into two
or more *smaller* (less massive) black holes?

that's impossible: nothing can escape a black hole, hence it can not be
split.