Lunar Eclipse July 22, 1888

Old February 7th 06, 07:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Lunar Eclipse July 22, 1888

This was passed on to me as Adj. Prof. of Astronomy at
Marshalltown Community College from Louise Meakins, of
Tama, Iowa. She writes,

"This photo was among my mother's things. She had an
uncle who was a photographer in Kirksville MO. I imagine
he took it. You are welcome to do with it whatever you
wish.

The roughly two by one and a quarter inch-image is
reporoduced here, scanned at 600 dpi:

http://edu-observatory.org/eo/Bob_Me...888_July22.jpg
http://edu-observatory.org/eo/Bob_Me...uly22_back.jpg

-Sam Wormley
Old February 7th 06, 09:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
This was passed on to me as Adj. Prof. of Astronomy at
Marshalltown Community College from Louise Meakins, of
Tama, Iowa. She writes,

"This photo was among my mother's things. She had an
uncle who was a photographer in Kirksville MO. I imagine
he took it. You are welcome to do with it whatever you
wish.

The roughly two by one and a quarter inch-image is
reporoduced here, scanned at 600 dpi:

http://edu-observatory.org/eo/Bob_Me...888_July22.jpg

http://edu-observatory.org/eo/Bob_Me...uly22_back.jpg

-Sam Wormley

Sucks..could be anything.

Old February 7th 06, 10:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
This was passed on to me as Adj. Prof. of Astronomy at
Marshalltown Community College from Louise Meakins, of
Tama, Iowa. She writes,

"This photo was among my mother's things. She had an
uncle who was a photographer in Kirksville MO. I imagine
he took it. You are welcome to do with it whatever you
wish.

The roughly two by one and a quarter inch-image is
reporoduced here, scanned at 600 dpi:

http://edu-observatory.org/eo/Bob_Me...888_July22.jpg

http://edu-observatory.org/eo/Bob_Me...uly22_back.jpg

-Sam Wormley

Ignore the clown signing "EP Guy."

That's a great photo, considering what he probably had to work with. I'd
protect and preserve it in a frame or something so front and back can be
seen.

Old February 7th 06, 10:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Ignore the clown signing "EP Guy."

That's a great photo, considering what he probably had to work with. I'd
protect and preserve it in a frame or something so front and back can be
seen.

You're a fu-ing-idiot

Old February 7th 06, 11:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:57:31 GMT, Sam Wormley
wrote:

This was passed on to me as Adj. Prof. of Astronomy at
Marshalltown Community College from Louise Meakins, of
Tama, Iowa. She writes,

"This photo was among my mother's things. She had an
uncle who was a photographer in Kirksville MO. I imagine
he took it. You are welcome to do with it whatever you
wish.

Interesting. By my calculation the exposure time was 96 seconds. I
wonder if the two minute time given in the description was just an
estimate. Maybe the photographer was counting seconds in his head, and
ran a little fast.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com