No link attitude!

Old December 26th 05, 05:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default No link attitude!

No link attitude!

http://www.n9zle.com/forum/

What is it with this no-link to other site attitude?
Years ago when the internet was in its infancy just about any site would add
your site as a link from theirs. In return you would do the same. But now it
has come to NO-LINKS. Not even in the forums. I have had a website located
on tripod for about 9 years over those nine years I had a link to qrz dot
com That site received over a million hits. And many users went from that
site to qrz and on-to Icomamerica dot com. I have always supported Icom.
They have never given a link on their site to mine. I have always supported
qrz. But of course he(AA7BQ) never put a link on his site to mine. Well you
may say that "I never asked". And that is true. But recently I have noticed
he has been deleting my posts. ALL OF THEM. He never contacted me telling me
why. AA7BQ just deleted them. I build CIV cables and sell a few of them
every week to amateur operators who want them. When I posted one on his
site. I found he deleted the post soon after it was placed there.

My beliefs are.
1. QRZ AKA AA7BQ no longer has the amateur radio attitude.
2. AA7BQ has gone fully commercial but calls his site "The Ham Radio Super
Site"
3. AA7BQ does not have your best interest in mind.

I can also prove what I am writing here.
For one if he claims he is nothing but a commercial site then why does he
ask for donations?
If he is not a commercial site than why will he not allow me to post my CIV
cables on his site?

That takes care of number 2
Now for number 1 and 3. If some one knows the truth about something but
keeps it from you he is a liar.
No mater how you put it, he is a liar. On the QRZ site Fred is there to help
you renew your license. Or so he leads you to believe so. He charges you for
it. Mr. Lloyd has never revealed it to any amateurs that you can renew your
license or do an address change at the fcc.gov web site for FREE. Yes TOTAL
FREE at the FCC web site.
The forms at the FCC web site or no harder to fill out than his.

His CD. He charges 24.95 plus tax and shipping. On that CD is data he
obtained from the FCC and got it for FREE, he sales it to you. Also he has
software, created by programmers like MYSELF. And MODS that have been made
available from the manufactures and other HAMS like ME! I have been
contributing to Amateur Radio community for greater than 10 years, and have
received very little for software I created. Never complained when it was
copied. I have performed and created several of the MODS for various
transceivers. Never asked a penny for it. I never commercialized HAM RADIO.
And NEVER took money from some one for something they could get FREE else
where.

I am sure many of you would like to ask me "what I am going to do about it?"
Here is my answer.

I have created an open forum on my web site http://www.n9zle.com/forum/

There you can post a link to your own site even if it is a commercial site.
You can post any ham radio equipment you have for sell on the site.

You can do a callsign lookup at my site from the FCC database, not that
stupid qrz thing.
I will soon put together an open source database that I will sell for the
price of the CD plus the true cost of shipping. About two bucks total. Once
you install the database on your system, you will be able to download
updates for FREE. I will make drivers available to programmers to access the
database in several different languages and operating systems. I will also
attempt to make the database available on the internet for FREE to download.

I only ask for a little help from other HAMS like myself. I need a few
elmers that are willing to moderate some of the forums. It is easy and you
will find it fun. If you have any suggestions on new forums or sections
please logon to my site and make a post.

73s N9ZLE

Old December 26th 05, 06:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

n9zle wrote:
No link attitude...

OK, SAA denizens, n9zle has thrown down the gauntlet with a last-minute
entry for our Most Useful Post of 2005 contest, and it's going to be a
tough one to beat.

Creationists, UFO Freaks, Moon-Landing-Hoax Nuts, Young-Earth fanatics,
Anti Semites and other bigots, get busy -- you have only six days to
submit your drivel.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 26th 05, 04:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Davoud wrote:
n9zle wrote:
No link attitude...

OK, SAA denizens, n9zle has thrown down the gauntlet with a last-minute
entry for our Most Useful Post of 2005 contest, and it's going to be a
tough one to beat.

Hi Davoud:

I'd be tempted to reply similarly but for the facts that:

1. It is the holiday season, the day after Christmas, Boxing Day if you
wish, which calls for charity and forbearance. Be a meanie-weanie the
other 363 days of the year. ;-)

2. There are _many_ hams here on s.a.a.

3. The attitude he's talking about, "link to my site without permission
and I'll kill ya," seems to be spreading for some reason.

4. I've read quite a few (!) less interesting and informative posts
here of late. Including my own. ;-)

73s de AC4WY...aka...

Peace,
Rod Mollise
and _The Urban Astronomer's Guide_

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Join the SCT User Mailing List.

See my home page at
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm
for further info

For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog See:
http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/

Old December 26th 05, 05:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

RMOLLISE:

Davoud wrote:
n9zle wrote:
No link attitude...

OK, SAA denizens, n9zle has thrown down the gauntlet with a last-minute
entry for our Most Useful Post of 2005 contest, and it's going to be a
tough one to beat.

Rod Mollise:
I'd be tempted to reply similarly but for the facts that:

1. It is the holiday season, the day after Christmas, Boxing Day if you
wish, which calls for charity and forbearance. Be a meanie-weanie the
other 363 days of the year. ;-)

I have got to figure out how to use those emoticon thingies. I meant no
disrespect to n9zle. n9zle, if you're seeing this, I apologize if you
were insulted by my reply. Although I'm not a ham, I spent many years
in the operational end of the telecommunications field, and I have
great respect for ham radio operators and their hobby.

I've said repeatedly in this forum that I'm not to be taken /too/
seriously. If I have something "serious" to ask (like my recent
question on dome geometry) it will be fairly obvious.

Finally, I couldn't find it in the archives, but I'm pretty sure that I
once wrote that you are a much nicer guy than I am.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 26th 05, 10:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

What is it with these off-topic postings? This group is for the hobby
of AMATEUR ASTRONOMY, not amateur radio. I'm a ham, but putting all
this stuff up here is way off the mark. Here is what *should* be on
sci.astro.amateur:

The sci.astro.amateur charter
-----------------------------
The original version was written by Ken Kirksey
:

What Is sci.astro.amateur?

sci.astro.amateur is forum for amateur astronomers to discuss topics of
mutual interest, with a focus on astronomical observing.

What Are Suitable Topics For sci.astro.amateur?

Discussion in sci.astro.amateur includes, but is not necessarily limited
to, the following topics:

Observing
Using the naked eye, binoculars, or telescopes
The Moon, Planets, Stars, The Sun, Comets, Deep Sky
Objects, Constellations, et. al.

Equipment
Choosing Telescopes/Binoculars
Choosing Accessories (Finders, Drives, Eyepieces, Filters,
Observatories, etc.)
Building Telescopes, Backyard Observatories, etc.

Astrophotography
Traditional
CCD
Image Processing

Astronomy Software
Planetarium Programs
Deep Sky Programs
Observatory Programs
Educational Programs

Tips & Techniques for Amateur Astronomers

Literature covering the topics listed above

What Topics Are *Not* Suitable for sci.astro.amateur?

Anything of a highly technical, theoretical, or cosmological nature G.
Seriously, one of the major reasons that sci.astro.amateur was created
was that people were tired of wading through all the black hole, origin
& fate of the universe, Steven Hawking | Carl Sagan is a twit, et. al.
kind of posts to get to the ones discussing the topics listed in this
charter. While some of the theoretical/cosmological topics may be of
interest to some amateur astronomers, discussion in sci.astro.amateur
should be pretty much limited to the PRACTICE of amateur astronomy.
We'll leave the heavy topics for sci.astro.

--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 23-28, 2006, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *
Old December 28th 05, 02:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Don't forget the all the whining about the crescent moon report.

Old December 28th 05, 03:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

and whatever Oriel36 is talking about.