Meade Series 5000 for Christmas?

Old December 15th 04, 01:46 PM

Default Meade Series 5000 for Christmas?

Don't count on it. Weren't several models supposed to available by
now? I wonder how many shoppers were holding off buying other
eyepieces in the hopes of putting some of these in someone's stocking?
A marketing ploy perhaps? Seems like there's not a lot of chance for
the 5000 Series for Christmas now, though there are a few shopping days
left! As far as I know the TeleVue sale DOES end Dec. 31st, while
folks might still be waiting on the Meade's at Valentine's Day. I'm
ordering a 17 NT4, which will fit nicely in a stocking, but better in a
focuser!

Clyde

Old December 25th 04, 09:35 PM
RichA

spinich cucumber salad, fruit salad
Bran muffins, dinner rolls, soft breadsticks, rice pilaf, croissants
Apple cake with rum sauce, frosted banana nut bread sherbet, home made brownies
Iced tea, water, beer, bloody marys, lemonade, coffee

The guests select food, beverages, silverware... everything from the buffet table.
They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose.
Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from
carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth from the
service stations.

Roast Leg of Amputee

By all means, substitute lamb or a good beef roast if the haunch
it is in any way diseased. But sometimes surgeons make mistakes,
and if a healthy young limb is at hand, then don?t hesitate to cook
it to perfection!

1 high quality limb, rack, or roast
Potatoes, carrot
Oil
celery
onions
green onions
parsley
garlic
salt, pepper, etc
2 cups beef stock

Marinate meat (optional, not necessary with better cuts).
Season liberally and lace with garlic cloves by making incisions,
and placing whole cloves deep into the meat.
Grease a baking pan, and fill with a thick bed of onions,
celery, green onions, and parsley.
Place roast on top with fat side up.
Place uncovered in 500° oven for 20 minutes, reduce oven to 325°.
Bake till medium rare (150°) and let roast rest.
Pour stock over onions and drippings, carve the meat and
place the slices in the au jus.

Bisque à l?Enfant

Honor the memory of Grandma with this dish by utilizing her good
silver soup tureen and her great grandchildren (crawfish, crab or
lobster will work just as well,

Old December 25th 04, 09:54 PM
Pete Rasmussen

[...]

lobster will work just as well, however this dish is classically
made with crawfish).

Stuffed infant heads, stuffed crawfish heads, stuffed crab or lobster shells;
make patties if shell or head is not available
(such as with packaged crawfish, crab, or headless baby).
Flour
oil
onions
bell peppers
garlic salt, pepper, etc.
3 cups chicken stock
2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons oil

First stuff the heads, or make the patties (see index)
then fry or bake.
Set aside to drain on paper towels.
Make a roux with butter, oil and flour,
brown vegetables in the roux, then a

Old December 26th 04, 12:20 AM

My guess is that if TeleVue's sale
prices are lifted, they will only be brought back in within a couple
months, depending on how the Meade's work out.
-Rich

Well Rich, as in most of your postings, the key words are "my guess",
because that's all it is.

Clyde

Old December 26th 04, 05:07 AM

Pete Rasmussen wrote:
On 25 Dec 2004 16:18:13 -0800, wrote:

You're rather disappointing you know.

No need to take it so personal guy. It's not you it's the
inconsiderate spew. Drew me in like a pest. Sorry but yours is the
only mouth it seems in continuous hurl of cheapshot conspiracies
against Meade. The subsequent puff of your favorite frog prince the
dead give-away.

Please. Cheapshot conspiracies? Let's see, you attack me instead of
what I posted? So what do we know. We know that TeleVue has had a
sale on for a good while now with an announced end date of Dec. 31st.
We know that Meade has announced a new line of eyepieces that was
supposed to be available by Christmas. We know they're not here. Are
you really so feckless as to think that Meade could not have made a
little ploy? I don't really think so. So what else is going on in
your head? If my advice to buy a TV eyepiece now before the sale is a
done deal, especially if you're waiting on a Meade is unsound, please
tell me how. Christmas is gone Pete and the Meade's aren't here.
Soon the TV sale will be over. How many folks do you think were
holding off taking advantage of the TV sale in anticipation of trying a
new Meade? I know 4 all by my little ole' self. No conspiracy Pete,
just calling it as I see it. If you see it differently, fine. But
again, tell me how my advice to take advantage of the TV sale before
it's gone is unsound?

Clyde