*** Hilal (Crescent Moon) Sighting: Eve Thu//Fri 17/18 Jun 2004 (late) ***

Old June 23rd 04, 07:08 AM
Chris L Peterson

Default *** Hilal (Crescent Moon) Sighting: Eve Thu//Fri 17/18 Jun 2004 (late) ***

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:51:57 -0600, "Michael Varney"
wrote:

Then the OP does it to promote a silly religion. Allah most beneficent this
and that... lets go to the Arafat meeting this and that.
It is formatted for religious purposes, not for science.

Who cares? Data is atheistic. It is used for different purposes all the time
than it was originally formatted for. I think all religions are silly- that
doesn't stop me from using data provided by its practitioners.

Perhaps, but the output for current crescent moon sighting is useless. Ask
him for the code so that you can use it for what you propose.
It is obvious that you are reaching for a reason to defend the OP's spam.

You have no clue about what other people may or may not find useful. Suffice to
say that posting astronomical data of any kind is on-topic for most of these
groups, and can't remotely be considered "spam" on any.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old June 25th 04, 08:17 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Michael Varney
writes

"Stephen Tonkin" wrote in message
Michael Varney wrote:
He can post his **** to the astro groups then. It does not belong in
sci.physics.

As Dr Durrani has already stated in this thread: "Physics is used to
model these phenomena as well as the colors of the twilight sky and the
contrast between the twilight sky and the very thin Hilals." It is
therefore on-topic for sci.physics.

[BTW, doesn't colorado.edu have a policy against the nuisance-setting of
follow-ups in NG posts?]

Let me guess... you are going to whine to CU about this. *smirk*

It's tempting. My employer regards misuse of the Internet as gross
misconduct. Yours might too. But I think I'll just put you back in the
kill file with the other bigots and kooks.

--
What have they got to hide? Release the Beagle 2 report.
Old June 25th 04, 03:25 PM
West Coast Engineering

Jonathan Silverlight

Michael Varney wrote:
He can post his **** to the astro groups then. It does not belong in
sci.physics.

As Dr Durrani has already stated in this thread: "Physics is used to
model these phenomena as well as the colors of the twilight sky and the
contrast between the twilight sky and the very thin Hilals." It is
therefore on-topic for sci.physics.

[BTW, doesn't colorado.edu have a policy against the nuisance-setting of
follow-ups in NG posts?]

Let me guess... you are going to whine to CU about this. *smirk*

It's tempting. My employer regards misuse of the Internet as gross
misconduct. Yours might too. But I think I'll just put you back in the
kill file with the other bigots and kooks.

I tried it a year ago. They don't care. I guess CU is a religious
school.