URI physics employee invents new antenna technology

Old July 25th 04, 04:17 PM
Uncle Al

Default URI physics employee invents new antenna technology

"Dr. Jai Maharaj" wrote:
[snip]

http://www.geocities.com/drjosemariachi/jay_faq.html#bb
Troll FAQ for Jai Maharaj (Hindi for "cracked athletic cup")

His real name is "Jay Stevens" and he runs a scam called "Mantra
Corporation."

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old July 25th 04, 09:11 PM
Sam Wormley

Jai Maharaj is a well known crank. Here is a record of some of his
blather in news:sci.physics
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gr...thor%3AMaharaj

Crank Information and Resources
http://www.google.com/search?q=vedic...Awww.crank.net
http://www.google.com/search?q=Vedic...www.csicop.org
Old July 26th 04, 10:21 AM
Tom Potter

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message

Jai Maharaj is a well known crank. Here is a record of some of his
blather in news:sci.physics
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gr...thor%3AMaharaj

Crank Information and Resources
http://www.google.com/search?q=vedic...Awww.crank.net
http://www.google.com/search?q=Vedic...www.csicop.org

Sam, everyone makes good and bad posts.
I think I made a bad post or two myself.

Why don't you post some references to the good posts that folks make,
and when you do assert a post is bad,
why not explain why you think the post is bad,
not with references, but with your won words?

As rational, intelligent, moral folks know,
criticism of someone or something offhand,
tells more about the critic
than the thing or person criticized.

I think that most folks would like to dwell more on ideas,
than learn about Sam Wormley.

Why not make posts that address ideas and issues,
rather than make posts that inform sci.readers about
the prejudices and personality of Sam Wormley?

--
Tom Potter http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp

Old July 26th 04, 11:34 AM
Dr_Postman

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:21:09 +0800, "Tom Potter"
wrote:

[...]

Because they aren't prejudices and personality problems, other
than with the spamming asshole who goes by Jai Majaraji. Why
are you defending a known netkook and spammer?

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"Did the Venus transit occur during sunset, idiot?"
- Grant,on the GLP web board, explains to us how
sunrise happens in NY and Asia at the same time.
Old July 26th 04, 04:35 PM
Dave

Because they aren't prejudices and personality problems, other
than with the spamming asshole who goes by Jai Majaraji. Why
are you defending a known netkook and spammer?

Take a look at his website. Then you'll realise it's a bit like Pol Pot
defending Adolph Hitler.

DaveL

Old July 26th 04, 08:27 PM
Dr_Postman

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:35:42 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

Because they aren't prejudices and personality problems, other
than with the spamming asshole who goes by Jai Majaraji. Why
are you defending a known netkook and spammer?

Take a look at his website. Then you'll realise it's a bit like Pol Pot
defending Adolph Hitler.

DaveL

Ah, a kook reach-around.

Old July 27th 04, 03:52 PM
Tom Potter

wrote:

[...]

Hopefully, "Dr_Postman" will point out
where I am "defending a known netkook and spammer."

I am not "defending" anyone.
I am simply pointing out that
attacks on messengers,
rather than attacks on their messages,
tells more about the attacker,
than it does about their victims position.

And more importantly,
the personal attacks of posters
instigate flame wars
that waste time and resources.

I, for one,
would like to know
that when I download a post,
that it has a message,
rather than an attack.

--
Tom Potter http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp

Old July 27th 04, 10:03 PM
Dr_Postman

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:52:28 +0800, "Tom Potter"
wrote:

Hopefully, "Dr_Postman" will point out
where I am "defending a known netkook and spammer."

I had it wrong. You are defending a FELLOW kook.