sci.space.policy impact on policy

Old October 3rd 11, 01:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
poornima chandrasekar

Default sci.space.policy impact on policy

sci.space.policy has tended to rather strongly overlap the Space
Access Society, such that it's probably a mistake to try and isolate
either's influence alone.

And I've seen a number of instances where ideas incubated in the
SAS/ssp community, have become established policy. The X-prize
and the recent NASA prizes, as a conspicuous example. Possibly
the DC-X, or at least the DC-XA. The renewed interest in dense
propellants and especially peroxide. Just off the top of my head.

Some small but promising enterprises, such as XCOR, would not exist
if not for SAS/ssp.

Alas, there is in some respects a negative feedback at work here.
The closer an idea gets to being "real policy" as opposed to just
usenet fodder, the less freedom its proponents have to discuss it
on usenet. So, in that respect, it may be a promising sign that
sci.space.policy is in the doldrums.
Old October 3rd 11, 02:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 3, 5:49*am, poornima chandrasekar
wrote:
[...]

Usenet and its army of devout FUD-masters has done it to itself.

Name one new idea introduced or any revised interpretation published
originally via "sci.space.policy" that ever went mainstream.

The only thing Usenet /newsgroups can claim besides their denial of
being in denial is a great deal of "I told you so" topics, whereas the
authors get no credits nor respect, and our NASA only continues to
prove how dysfunctional and/or untrustworthy it truly is.

http://translate.google.com/#

Obama's Space Policy LauraM Policy 147 July 23rd 11 11:47 PM
sci.space.policy [email protected] Policy 0 March 18th 08 12:37 PM
sci.space.policy impact on policy John Schilling Policy 4 June 23rd 06 02:02 AM
How the new space policy came to be Jon Berndt Space Shuttle 2 January 20th 04 02:42 AM
How the new space policy came to be Jon Berndt Policy 2 January 20th 04 02:42 AM