Wing has dings

Old May 12th 09, 11:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Wing has dings

Shuttle hit by space debris,and that is why it has a back up shuttle.
Shuttles having wings is just bad engineering. To have another shuttle
to be this shuttles life boat is almost laughable. it is Rube Goldberg
cartoon engineering. Reality isyou do not put wings on rockets and end
up with a glider.

Old May 13th 09, 12:25 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 12, 3:54*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Shuttle hit by space debris,and that is why it has a back up shuttle.
Shuttles having wings is just bad engineering. To have another shuttle
to be this shuttles life boat is almost laughable. it is Rube Goldberg
cartoon engineering. *Reality isyou do not put wings on rockets and end
up with a glider.

Perhaps shortly after the Hubble repair/upgrade,.it too may become a
terminal case of dings.

LEO is becoming more than a little crowded, not to mention the ever
increasing NEO stuff that's passing through. Perhaps Eden L1, L2, L3
and L4 are still relatively safe, however the Selene L1 might actually
be the safest place around.

~ BG
Old May 13th 09, 02:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Shuttle hit by space debris,and that is why it has a back up shuttle.
Shuttles having wings is just bad engineering. To have another shuttle
to be this shuttles life boat is almost laughable. it is Rube Goldberg
cartoon engineering. Reality isyou do not put wings on rockets and end
up with a glider.

Remember the X-15 back some half a century ago?
We don't even need the booster rockets for the Shuttle.
All we need is a jet plane designed to operate on thin air until
it gets all the way into space. If you go fast enough, there's always
enough air to maintain lift. And as soon as there is no longer enough
air to maintain lift, then you fire your rockets, and continue on with your
mission.

End result: one-tenth the cost of getting into space, and not half mere
half dozen, but thousands can get into space each month or so.

And then build a rotating space station complete with gravity for peanuts.

Old May 13th 09, 02:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 12, 6:17*pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
[...]

Either way, it's us village idiots that'll get to pay for everything.
Sure hope the next generation of smart kids can manage to survive on
half of nothing, because that's about as good as it's going to get.

~ BG
Old May 13th 09, 03:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"BradGuth" wrote in message
[...]

**We'll have robots for servants, Brad., and the rest of us will move on to
the stars. How good is that?

Old May 13th 09, 08:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On May 12, 7:13*pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message

[...]

As long as you've been long dead and gone, you're good to go. Let the
next generations of kids pick up the 75+% tax that it'll take for the
next ten generations to pay off our mostly republican and Zionist Nazi
caused debt.

~ BG
Old May 13th 09, 08:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Mark 2001 had a Howard Johnson's that rotated. Rotation would mean SSI
could use airplane toilets and say $25,000,000. TreBert

Old May 14th 09, 12:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"BradGuth" wrote in message

[...]

**OK, you're focused on dying.
As many in the universe have already found, that is not
permanent either.

Old May 14th 09, 12:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Mark 2001 had a Howard Johnson's that rotated. Rotation would mean SSI
could use airplane toilets and say $25,000,000. TreBert

Sure, the International Space Station may look just like the one in 2001: A
Space Odyssey in just a few years.

And remember the rocket aircraft that rendezvoused with it.
That can happen too, you know.

Old May 14th 09, 04:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

"BradGuth" wrote in message

[...]

I'm focused upon the best available truths. Whatever, if living large
and/or reliving forever being your thing (you must be a born-again
republican), go for it.

~ BG