Current Journal of Propulsion and Power heads up

Old December 10th 03, 04:25 AM
Jim Davis

Default Current Journal of Propulsion and Power heads up

The current issue of the Journal of Propulsion and Power, Volume
19, Number 6, November - December 2003, has a section devoted to "A
Century of Aerospace Propulsion and Power Technologies". There are
eight very interesting papers:

1. History of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines in the United States

2. History of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines in Russia, Formerly
the Soviet Union

both by George P. Sutton of "Rocket Propulsion Elements" fame. He
mentions he has a new book on the history of liquid rockets due out
late next year.

3. Solid Rocket Enabling Technologies and Milestones in the United
States

4. Historical Survey of Solid-Propellant Rocket Development in
Russia

5. Liquid Fuels and Propellants for Aerospace Propulsion: 1903-2003

6. Development of Modern Solid Propellants

7. Advanced Space Propulsion for the 21st Century

8. A Century of Aerospace Electrical Power Technology

All these papers have very extensive references.

This issue is well worth checking out.

Jim Davis
Old December 10th 03, 02:49 PM
Reed Snellenberger

Jim Davis wrote in
. 1.4:

The current issue of the Journal of Propulsion and Power, Volume
19, Number 6, November - December 2003, has a section devoted to "A
Century of Aerospace Propulsion and Power Technologies". There are
eight very interesting papers:

Online link?

(... he asked hopefully, with low expectations...)

--
Reed
Old December 10th 03, 03:43 PM
Ed Ruf

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:49:34 GMT, in sci.space.policy Reed
Snellenberger wrote:

Jim Davis wrote in
.1.4:

The current issue of the Journal of Propulsion and Power, Volume
19, Number 6, November - December 2003, has a section devoted to "A
Century of Aerospace Propulsion and Power Technologies". There are
eight very interesting papers:

Online link?

First this issue available online yet. Second, you'll need to have a
personal or institutional subscription with AIAA:
http://www.aiaa.org/research/index.hfm?res=13
Old December 10th 03, 03:45 PM
Ed Ruf

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:43:21 -0500, in sci.space.policy Ed Ruf
wrote:

First this issue available online yet. Second, you'll need to have a

^-- is NOT

Old December 10th 03, 05:19 PM
Jeff Greason

Jim Davis wrote in message .1.4...
The current issue of the Journal of Propulsion and Power, Volume
19, Number 6, November - December 2003, has a section devoted to "A
Century of Aerospace Propulsion and Power Technologies". There are
eight very interesting papers:

Let me second that; most JPP issues have at most one or
two articles worth a skim. This one I've skimmed cover to
cover, read a few sections in more depth, have set aside
for more detailed reading, and I've marked it for my shelf.

Unfortunately, for those who don't subscribe, I can't think
of a practical way to buy just one issue. However, a library
near you will probably have it.

"Limited funds are a blessing, not Jeff Greason
a curse. Nothing encourages creative President & Eng. Mgr.
thinking in quite the same way." --L. Yau XCOR Aerospace
www.xcor.com

Old December 10th 03, 10:20 PM
johnhare

"Jeff Greason" wrote in message
om...
Jim Davis wrote in message

.1.4...
The current issue of the Journal of Propulsion and Power, Volume
19, Number 6, November - December 2003, has a section devoted to "A
Century of Aerospace Propulsion and Power Technologies". There are
eight very interesting papers:

Let me second that; most JPP issues have at most one or
two articles worth a skim. This one I've skimmed cover to
cover, read a few sections in more depth, have set aside
for more detailed reading, and I've marked it for my shelf.

Unfortunately, for those who don't subscribe, I can't think
of a practical way to buy just one issue. However, a library
near you will probably have it.

According to the cover of one of my old issues, They are prohibited
from library use for a couple of years.

Old December 10th 03, 11:38 PM
Henry Spencer

In article ,
johnhare wrote:
Unfortunately, for those who don't subscribe, I can't think
of a practical way to buy just one issue. However, a library
near you will probably have it.

According to the cover of one of my old issues, They are prohibited
from library use for a couple of years.

? I think you need to read that more carefully, you've misunderstand it
somehow -- any good engineering library has current JP&P issues available.
--
MOST launched 30 June; first light, 29 July; 5arcsec | Henry Spencer
pointing, 10 Sept; first science, early Oct; all well. |