alternative to disposing of old library contents

Old September 6th 18, 07:27 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

Default alternative to disposing of old library contents

It seems that some university libraries are in the process of getting
rid of journals, books, and so on, at least those which are not
available electronically. While I can see some justification for this,
it is sad to see such stuff go into the skip, and I hope that good homes
can be found for most of it. Perhaps some private individuals are doing
something similar.

I would like to have a (preferably complete) set of the now sadly
defunct Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society. If one is
available in Europe, I can probably collect it within a year. (Shipping
is probably too much trouble and too expensive.)

Feel free to spread this request among colleagues and so on.