THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS IN JEOPARDY

Old March 19th 12, 07:13 PM posted to sci.astro
Tonico

Default THE SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS IN JEOPARDY

On Mar 19, 8:40*pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:
If the electrical current generated by the graphene battery is due to a chemical reaction, then no need to fuss. However if the battery really runs on ambient heat, then we are faced with a sweeping revolution in science:

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/48889
"Researchers at Hong Kong Polytechnic University claim to have invented a new kind of graphene-based "battery" that runs solely on ambient heat. The device is said to capture the thermal energy of ions in a solution and convert it into electricity."

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1203/1203.0161.pdf
Self-Charged Graphene Battery Harvests Electricity from Thermal Energy of the Environment, Zihan Xu et al: "Here we present a graphene device with asymmetric electrodes configuration to capture such ionic thermal energy and convert it into electricity. (...) To exclude the possibility of chemical reaction, we performed control experiments... (...) In conclusion, we could not find any evidences that support the opinion that the induced voltage came from chemical reaction. The mechanism for electricity generation by graphene in solution is a pure physical process..."

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-03-...ery-power.html
(PhysOrg.com) -- Scientists in Hong Kong have reported, in ArXiv, their experiments to make a graphene battery that they say generates an electrical current by drawing on the ambient thermal energy in the solution in which it is immersed.

http://www.findnews.ru/grafenovye_ba...ovali_otlichny...

Pentcho Valev

Idiot