Enter the Dragon?

Old November 1st 08, 07:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Enter the Dragon?

In all of the discussions about the schedule of Aries/Orion, retiring
the shuttle, and using the Soyuz for transportation to the ISS, why
does NASA ignore the work of SpaceX and their Dragon spacecraft? Seems
to me that after the Dragon proves itself in flight, it would be a
good option to lease flights to NASA
Old November 1st 08, 07:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:24:05 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

In all of the discussions about the schedule of Aries/Orion, retiring
the shuttle, and using the Soyuz for transportation to the ISS, why
does NASA ignore the work of SpaceX and their Dragon spacecraft? Seems
to me that after the Dragon proves itself in flight, it would be a
good option to lease flights to NASA

That will be part of COTS.
Old November 1st 08, 11:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Nov 1, 3:59*pm, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:24:05 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

In all of the discussions about the schedule of Aries/Orion, retiring
the shuttle, and using the Soyuz for transportation to the ISS, why
does NASA ignore the work of SpaceX and their Dragon spacecraft? Seems
to me that after the Dragon proves itself in flight, it would be a
good option to lease flights to NASA

That will be part of COTS.

I know it is COTS. But why is there little discussion of using the
Dragon INSTEAD of the Soyuz for ISS transportation needs.
Old November 2nd 08, 01:07 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:26:05 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Nov 1, 3:59*pm, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:24:05 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

In all of the discussions about the schedule of Aries/Orion, retiring
the shuttle, and using the Soyuz for transportation to the ISS, why
does NASA ignore the work of SpaceX and their Dragon spacecraft? Seems
to me that after the Dragon proves itself in flight, it would be a
good option to lease flights to NASA

That will be part of COTS.

I know it is COTS. But why is there little discussion of using the
Dragon INSTEAD of the Soyuz for ISS transportation needs.

There is quite a bit of discussion of it.
Old November 8th 08, 12:03 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Nov 1, 8:07*pm, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:26:05 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Nov 1, 3:59*pm, (Rand Simberg) wrote:
On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:24:05 -0700 (PDT), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

In all of the discussions about the schedule of Aries/Orion, retiring
the shuttle, and using the Soyuz for transportation to the ISS, why
does NASA ignore the work of SpaceX and their Dragon spacecraft? Seems
to me that after the Dragon proves itself in flight, it would be a
good option to lease flights to NASA

That will be part of COTS.

I know it is COTS. But why is there little discussion of using the
Dragon INSTEAD of the Soyuz for ISS transportation needs.

There is quite a bit of discussion of it.

Where is this discussion taking place? I guess it is off-topic here as
it is not history, but future projects
Old November 8th 08, 01:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 04:03:51 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,
[...]

On the web, and in the halls of Congress.
Old November 9th 08, 04:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:15:20 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on
my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I know it is COTS. But why is there little discussion of using the
Dragon INSTEAD of the Soyuz for ISS transportation needs.

There is quite a bit of discussion of it.

Where is this discussion taking place? I guess it is off-topic here as
it is not history, but future projects

On the web, and in the halls of Congress.

Where is is in particular being discussed on the web? Please include a
URL (link)

http://www.google.com/search?q=COTS+D+Dragon+ISS+Soyuz

Enter the Dragon? MO Policy 10 July 18th 08 11:52 PM
SpaceX Dragon are Policy 6 March 25th 07 12:19 PM
Space-X Dragon Jeff Findley Policy 46 February 19th 07 04:35 PM
Enter the Blazar Double-A Misc 0 February 26th 05 01:45 AM
Enter, WInter... Twittering One Misc 0 November 18th 04 06:11 AM