Calling astronomers near Noosa, Qld, Australia

Old June 9th 06, 10:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Calling astronomers near Noosa, Qld, Australia

A very good friend of mine is wheelchair bound with Motor Neurone Disease.
She is vacationing with relatives in Noosa until 20th June. I know she
would love to see the night sky through a telescope - Are there any
astronomers in the Noosa (or I guess Brisbane) area who could help?
Unfortunately living in the UK, I cannot.

Thanks

Adam
adam {at} strachan-stephens.com

Old June 9th 06, 10:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Nearest club to Noosa is http://suncoastastronomy.homestead.com/News.html

Also you could try these. Neither are in Noosa, but both are within a couple
of hours drive.
http://www.usq.edu.au/sciences/bioph...omy/mtkent.htm
http://www.home.gil.com.au/%7Ebrdowns/

In Brisbane there is http://www.seqas.org/ and http://www.aaq.org.au/

These guys are just past Brisbane (if you're coming from Noosa)
http://www.sas.org.au/

Good luck,
Al

Old June 9th 06, 01:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Adam" wrote in message
A very good friend of mine is wheelchair bound with Motor Neurone Disease.
She is vacationing with relatives in Noosa until 20th June. I know she
would love to see the night sky through a telescope - Are there any
astronomers in the Noosa (or I guess Brisbane) area who could help?
Unfortunately living in the UK, I cannot.

Thanks

Adam
adam {at} strachan-stephens.com

If she or you find someone, I suggest going to this link:
http://www.cuyastro.org/observer.html and downloading the June 2006 edition
(it's in pdf format). There's an article in there by a Mike Franduto that
explictly addresses the needs of a wheelchair bound person being able to
view through a telescope.