currupt file

Old November 28th 03, 04:33 PM
mack rc jonathan

Default currupt file

I posted this on the message board haven't recieved any help:

I'm running setiathome on solaris 8 and 9 and I have been seeing this message:

Done with work unit.
Sending result - connecting to server.
Program file corrupted

I can't tell if the work units are being send or not. When I restart seti the
program downloads the next work units, but then does it again.

I downloaded the file from the seti web site. I did rename it to setiathome,
but I did this in the past with no problem. I downloaded the same version
twice with the same results. The file on the seti site is
"sparc-sun-solaris2.6".

I have also tried to remove the *.sah files, with no luck.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Old November 28th 03, 09:00 PM
Martin

mack rc jonathan wrote:
I posted this on the message board haven't recieved any help:

I'm running setiathome on solaris 8 and 9 and I have been seeing this message:

Done with work unit.
Sending result - connecting to server.
Program file corrupted

I can't tell if the work units are being send or not. When I restart seti the
program downloads the next work units, but then does it again.

I downloaded the file from the seti web site. I did rename it to setiathome,
but I did this in the past with no problem. I downloaded the same version
twice with the same results. The file on the seti site is
"sparc-sun-solaris2.6".

I have also tried to remove the *.sah files, with no luck.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Is this the same spurious error given by the s@h server when the OS is
not recognised?

Search on the s@h message boards for a comment given by David Woolley
about OS2.

(Or wait for BOINC. Meanwhile, there are various other DC projects...)

Good luck,
Martin

--
---------- Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today.
- Martin - Teach him how to fish and he won't bother you for weeks!

Old November 30th 03, 12:07 PM
FalconFly

While I cannot speak for Solaris, I encountered something very similar with an R5000 and
an R8000 SGI Irix System.

SETIqueue would always drop the mips4 V3.04 results with the comment "Program modified".
My solution was to use the mips4 V3.08 Client, which (for reasons beyond me) ran perfectly
fine.

Since your's seem to be the V3.08 Client, I'd try to get hold of other Versions (e.g.
3.03) if possible.
Unfortunately that's the only Idea I got...

Greetings
FalconFly

Webmaster
http://www.falconfly.de