How many degrees in their orbit do the planets travel in one Earth year?

Old August 11th 15, 05:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default How many degrees in their orbit do the planets travel in oneEarth year?

I am excited by the divergence of perspectives from the era of Huygens when they still operated with the older geocentric framework where the motions of all objects, including the Sun, were gauged against the Zodiac. The limited framework will handle the motion of the outer planets such as Mars but collapses when dealing with the inner planets and the Earth's orbital inputs.

Disgruntled old age pensioners and their magnification exercise are hardly going to appreciate exactly what has been done even though it is easily within the scope of students as long as it is explained through the appropriate graphics and images.

The first task is to shift the perspective of the Sun's annual motion through the Zodiac to the productive line-of-sight motion of the stars behind the Sun in sequence, the first is a bird's eye view while the second graphic is how we see the stars move from the Earth's surface -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

Once this perspective is in place, it sets the Sun up as a fixed reference for the annual motion of the inner planets and especially Venus and the grandstand view we have of that planet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7U5VbasKr4

http://api.ning.com/files/dNgPmucEHX...phase1.gif.jpg

Astronomy was never meant to remain in the hands of old unimaginative people, the dour or those who try to obliterate it with worthless voodoo - it belongs with all that is good in human nature and the vibrancy it brings to the observer.

Old August 11th 15, 08:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 7:14:17 AM UTC-6, Lord Vath wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:55:36 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote this crap:

On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 4:26:55 PM UTC-6, Lord Vath wrote:

What Christian prayer are you talking about? Can you translate?

Our Father
Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name

is rather obvious enough.

Just a quotation that you memorized. In today's English it would be
quite different.

Still, the words correspond, almost one to one. It's true that I had a crib..

Pater Noster - Pater: father (paternal, patristic); Noster: ours (French ntre, Nostratic)

Qui es in coelis - Qui: who; es: is; in: in; coelis: heaven (coelostat, celestial)

Sanctificetur nomen tuum - Sanctificetur : made holy (sanctify), nomen: name (nomenclature), tuum: yours (French tu)

so it's not as if I didn't recognize what the words meant.

I mean, I passed by a bus stop, and saw the motto of a local Christian college:

Initium sapientae timor Dominum

and immediately recognized it as the Bible quote "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom"; Initium: beginning (initial), sapientae: wise (H. sapiens), timor: fear (timorous), Dominum: Lord, from many a Sunday missal.

John Savard
Old August 11th 15, 09:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

People sicken me sometimes

YIRAH ( יראה) ; fear or awe

The awe of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ier51_sRGB.jpg

Old August 12th 15, 06:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brian Denzer

Get pulled away for a couple of days, and see what happens. My gosh.

I'll digest and return with additional comment.

For now, it seems appropriate to just leave this he

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!
Old August 12th 15, 08:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Where,for goodness sake, are men who can think and write like men ?.

There is absolutely nothing difficult about the original perspective where the planets and even the Sun was gauged to move through the Zodiacal field of stars in order to gauge their position and motion within the structure of the solar system -

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap141028.html

This is a 21st century version of Kepler's perspective (which lacks the attendant luminosity variations as our planets come closer and diverge) -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...retrograde.jpg

The same perspective cannot be applied to the inner planets because the resolution for the looping motions of the outer planets rely on relative speeds between the Earth and those planets whereas with the inner planets, the Earth's orbital input is different and relies on setting the Sun up as a central reference for the grandstand view of the inner planets as they swing out from behind the Sun and then swing in and taken over a 1 1/2 year period

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

Contributors who have been here in this forum for years shouldn't have the slightest difficulty seeing the new opportunity but unfortunately there has lately been a regression among participants here in the same way some people grow old and sour whereas others maintain a lively spirit.

Old August 12th 15, 05:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dr J R Stockton[_195_]

In sci.astro.amateur message
, Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:28:10, Chris L Peterson

posted:

I don't think there are any. Certainly, none of the most prestigious
colleges require Latin, nor have for a long time.

I feel sure that the College of Cardinals must have required it, at
least for a substantial majority of its existence - and one can hardly
get much more prestigious than that College.

My own College, and University, required it when I applied.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. For Mail, see Home Page. Turnpike, WinXP.
Web http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQ-type topics, acronyms, and links.
Old August 13th 15, 07:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:35:24 +0100, Dr J R Stockton
wrote:

In sci.astro.amateur message
, Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:28:10, Chris L Peterson

posted:

I don't think there are any. Certainly, none of the most prestigious
colleges require Latin, nor have for a long time.

I feel sure that the College of Cardinals must have required it, at
least for a substantial majority of its existence - and one can hardly
get much more prestigious than that College.

Indeed, they have the finest pedophilia program on Earth.
Old August 13th 15, 07:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

wrote:

In sci.astro.amateur message
, Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:28:10, Chris L Peterson

posted:

I don't think there are any. Certainly, none of the most prestigious
colleges require Latin, nor have for a long time.

I feel sure that the College of Cardinals must have required it, at
least for a substantial majority of its existence - and one can hardly
get much more prestigious than that College.

Indeed, they have the finest pedophilia program on Earth.

No doubt some in the Catholic Church deserve this mocking however the damage to the Church occurred when it jettisoned its astronomical heritage to focus on social issues.

Astronomers are naturally religious by virtue that they tie the individual to the Universal in a physical way so the life of the individual fits inside the greater life of the planet and the celestial arena. The Church allowed a ridiculous notion to fester that 'time' which connects the individual and Universal can be distorted by the individual moving faster or 'time travel/dilation' as it is called in empiricist cult circle. As long as such mathematical playthings exist it only highlights how shallow the Church is in realizing why astronomy was always so important to humanity and the love of God in all things.

The hocus pocus of empiricists for the last few century obscures the real astronomical challenges which are out there but they are challenges which become easier with a little effort just as an exercise and endeavor becomes with familiarity. Imaging is too good and too ubiquitous to ignore and it is this alone which will replace the dour and sour people who can't appreciate science as part of the spirit of a person.

Old August 13th 15, 12:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

In sci.astro.amateur message
, Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:28:10, Chris L Peterson

posted:

I don't think there are any. Certainly, none of the most prestigious
colleges require Latin, nor have for a long time.

I feel sure that the College of Cardinals must have required it, at
least for a substantial majority of its existence - and one can hardly
get much more prestigious than that College.

Indeed, they have the finest pedophilia program on Earth.

God will punish you for saying that.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old August 13th 15, 02:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wrote:

In sci.astro.amateur message
, Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:28:10, Chris L Peterson

posted:

I don't think there are any. Certainly, none of the most prestigious
colleges require Latin, nor have for a long time.

I feel sure that the College of Cardinals must have required it, at
least for a substantial majority of its existence - and one can hardly
get much more prestigious than that College.

Indeed, they have the finest pedophilia program on Earth.

Of what, exactly, are you accusing the College of Cardinals, peterson?