Could Global Warming be the Savior of Humanity?

Old January 20th 11, 05:02 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Could Global Warming be the Savior of Humanity?

On Jan 20, 5:31*am, " wrote:
On Jan 20, 7:16*am, Catoni wrote:

On Jan 19, 9:36*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Jan 19, 6:09*pm, Catoni wrote:

On Jan 19, 6:32*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Jan 19, 9:01*am, Tom P wrote:

On 01/18/2011 02:00 AM, Jonathan wrote:

Please look at the following two 'versions' of Earth.
One is our past and ...future.

Earth 18,000 years ago
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/last_glacial_max.html

Earth present day
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/pr...erglacial.html

A Brief History of Ice Ages and Warming

"Except for two relatively brief interglacial episodes, one peaking
about 125,000 years ago (Eemian Interglacial), and the other beginning
about 18,000 years ago (Present Interglacial), the Earth has been under
siege of ice for the last 160,000 years."

The reigning climate pattern is where the Earth spends roughly 100,000
years in a deep ice age, followed by
a brief period of some 15 or 20 thousand warmer years where life explodes.

The last ice age ended some.....18,000 years ago....btw.

As far as I know, there's no good explanation for this
ice age cycle. Which would imply....strongly imply..
the cause is some as yet unknown astronomical change.

So when this occurs some century soon, humanity needs
to be ready, and have the ability to quickly and effectively
respond...one way of the other. Regardless if the future
is too warm, or too cold.

This leads me to what might seem like a contradiction.
I don't believe the current climate change is such a menace to our
future, all things considered. But I do
agree that the world should collectively begin
gaining the ability to manage the biosphere.

Which requires the nations of the world to be able
to manage..themselves..first. The answer to climate change is....social
change. World-wide freedom and democracy!

Climate change will cause the extinction of
the ...dictatorships of the world.
And to our great benefit!

Imho!

Jonathan

Global Warming a Chilling Perspective
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

The next Ice Age is not expected for another 20,000 years, so if we all
agree to stop burning fuel until then, well yes you could be right.

Conversely, if we continue at the present rate, the folks in 20,000
years time will have nothing left to burn, so you're not doing them a
big load of help by burning it all now.

T.

We should have been measurably tipping into the next ice age as of a
century ago. *Instead the global trend is still strongly thawing us
out.

*~ BG

Good.......

Good if you are inert or an immortal. *Bad if you are part of the
global regular biodiversity, of which we humans are 1 ppm of.

Jews clearly do not like snow or ice, so we can always say it's good
for them as long as they don't mind paying through the nose (so to
speak) for most everything.

*~ BG- Hide quoted text -

You really want another Glacial Period ? *(NOT ice age... as we are
technically still in one)

* * Warmer is better. We've had many periods on Earth with no ice caps
or glaciers at all. *Forests up near the poles... Alligators on
Ellesmere Island.

* *When another Glacial Period happens... it will be goodbye to a lot
of cities bulldozed flat by mile high ice sheets.

* * Famine.... mass starvation on a scale never before seen. *So many
dead there won't be enough people alive to bury them all. That's what
will happen when the ice returns..

* * Warmer is better...

research shows the earth changed very very slowly over time, till now.

11,712 years ago it shifted from the relatively stable ice age thaw
into a much faster defrost mode.

but these days its fast change.

if theres any risk you dont totally understand its prudent to treat it
with respect and avoid making it worse.

and most people * about 1/3 live along the earths coasts.

now think of that for a moment...........

the economic disruption of so many people being refugees, both
economic and social. let alone if food production becomes harder.

maybe it will cause a die back of the human race???

According to some, we have to keep the human population below 500
million, or else. Personally I think via technology, intelligent
sorts of genetic redesign and way better global education, the planet
can accommodate at least 20 billion. However, a Eden/Earth planet of
only 500 million would be a whole lot nicer for the other 99.9999% of
the global biodiversity that us mostly lazy humans are only 1 ppm of.

~ BG

Old January 20th 11, 09:16 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Michael Gordge

On Jan 21, 12:19*am, Tom P wrote:
On 01/19/2011 11:13 PM, Michael Gordge wrote: On Jan 20, 4:20 am,
wrote:

The
currebt warming period is the problem---

What is the "problem"? The Siberians using less fire wood for heating
is a problem?

MG

The population of Siberia makes up around 0.3% of the world population.
Africa makes up around 15%. Asia 50%.

Shrug, what is the problem of a different climate? The other day I was
driving my car and the out-side temperature was 31 degrees C, within a
few seconds seconds it dropped to 25 degrees C, I survived

MG
Old January 20th 11, 10:02 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Michael Gordge

On Jan 21, 1:39*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Antarctica are thawing from the bottom up as much as from the edges.

Hahhahahah **** ewe Kantians are funny, soooo ewe'e saying, man
****ing around with 0.000001% of earth's gas, (man's contribution of
Co2) is causing the earth under the ice to get hotter but is causing
the temperature above the ice to get colder and form more ice?

MG
Old January 20th 11, 10:40 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Desertphile[_3_]

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:08:41 -0800 (PST), Catoni
wrote:

Desertphile posted:

"If they exist. In 20,000 years there may be only a few hundred
thousand people alive. They won't have iron, nor steel, nor fossil
fuels."

Won't need fossil fuels. In 20,000 years we will have discovered
new sources of energy.

No, "we" won't. The only sources of energy available to us are
already known.

But why wouldn't we have any iron or steel? Would we have
shipped it all off-planet?

Idiot.

I suspect that in just a couple of hundred years, we will not only
have a lot of iron and steel, from re-using what iron and steel we
have now, but also we will be mining the asteroids. Lots of iron
available.

No, humans will not be mining asteroids, ever. There isn't enough
energy available to do that now, and we are already running out.
Have you any ****ing idea how much it costs in energy to move a
mere 100 pounds from the asteroid belt to Earth?! Sheeeish. I did
a YouTube video on the subject months ago.

You worry too much....but then that's no surprise..after
all ...you are an Alarmist.

No, I am not a member of your cult idiot, and you know that. Go
back to FOX "News" and await further orders.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz
Old January 20th 11, 10:40 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Desertphile[_3_]

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:13:19 -0800 (PST), Michael Gordge
wrote:

The current warming period is the problem---

Old January 20th 11, 10:50 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 20, 2:02*pm, Michael Gordge wrote:
On Jan 21, 1:39*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Antarctica are thawing from the bottom up as much as from the edges.

Hahhahahah **** ewe Kantians are funny, soooo ewe'e saying, man
****ing around with 0.000001% of earth's gas, (man's contribution of
Co2) is causing the earth under the ice to get hotter but is causing
the temperature above the ice to get colder and form more ice?

MG

First you have to sober up, and if you need to break wind, do it now.
Old January 21st 11, 03:38 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Michael Gordge

On Jan 21, 7:40*am, Desertphile
wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:13:19 -0800 (PST), Michael Gordge

wrote:
On Jan 20, 4:20*am, Desertphile
wrote:
The current warming period is the problem---

What is the "problem"? The Siberians using less fire wood for heating
is a problem?

Idiot.

Answer the question ewe commie ****wit.

What's the problem with a different climate? or are ewe leftist
****wits now denying the climate is changing?

MG
Old January 21st 11, 03:39 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Michael Gordge

On Jan 21, 7:50*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 20, 2:02*pm, Michael Gordge wrote:

On Jan 21, 1:39*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Antarctica are thawing from the bottom up as much as from the edges.

Hahhahahah **** ewe Kantians are funny, soooo ewe'e saying, man
****ing around with 0.000001% of earth's gas, (man's contribution of
Co2) is causing the earth under the ice to get hotter but is causing
the temperature above the ice to get colder and form more ice?

MG

First you have to sober up, and if you need to break wind, do it now.

Surely ewe have to be ****ing drunk out of your tree to believe for a
second that man makes the globe hot doing anything at all, let alone
by ****ing around with Co2.

MG
Old January 21st 11, 12:10 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Errol

On Jan 21, 5:39*am, Michael Gordge wrote:
On Jan 21, 7:50*am, Brad Guth wrote:

On Jan 20, 2:02*pm, Michael Gordge wrote:

On Jan 21, 1:39*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Antarctica are thawing from the bottom up as much as from the edges..

Hahhahahah **** ewe Kantians are funny, soooo ewe'e saying, man
****ing around with 0.000001% of earth's gas, (man's contribution of
Co2) is causing the earth under the ice to get hotter but is causing
the temperature above the ice to get colder and form more ice?

MG

First you have to sober up, and if you need to break wind, do it now.

Surely ewe have to be ****ing drunk out of your tree to believe for a
second that man makes the globe hot doing anything at all, let alone
by ****ing around with Co2.

MG

And you would have to be a drooling Rand(sock)puppet to believe man
couldn't

Do you understand how much of the Amazon is destroyed each year
sockpuppet?

Do you understand the role trees play in absorbing CO2 sockpuppet?

Don't bother replying. To ewe it's a rhetorical question.
Old January 22nd 11, 03:18 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 20, 7:39*pm, Michael Gordge wrote:
On Jan 21, 7:50*am, Brad Guth wrote:

On Jan 20, 2:02*pm, Michael Gordge wrote:

On Jan 21, 1:39*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Antarctica are thawing from the bottom up as much as from the edges..

Hahhahahah **** ewe Kantians are funny, soooo ewe'e saying, man
****ing around with 0.000001% of earth's gas, (man's contribution of
Co2) is causing the earth under the ice to get hotter but is causing
the temperature above the ice to get colder and form more ice?

MG

First you have to sober up, and if you need to break wind, do it now.

Surely ewe have to be ****ing drunk out of your tree to believe for a
second that man makes the globe hot doing anything at all, let alone
by ****ing around with Co2.

MG

Dry and clean CO2 is not a problem. Making it wet and sooty is
altogether nasty (same goes for NOx). Add toxic Corexit and its
modified hydrocarbons, who the hell knows?

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”