Which "A Man on the Moon" Book (by Andrew Chaikin)?

Old November 25th 03, 10:52 PM
Dave

Default Which "A Man on the Moon" Book (by Andrew Chaikin)?

Hi All,

I was all set to buy Andrew Chaikin's, A Man on the Moon, when I realised
there seem to be several different versions, all with varying content.

Not only have I seen these different versions below, but they all appear to
be released (or re-released) at different times :-

A Man on the Moon
A Man on the Moon: The Voyages of the Apollo Astronauts
A Man on the Moon: One Giant Leap, Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of
the First Landing on the Moon

I've also seen these, but am assuming they are follow up books :-

A Man on the Moon: The Odyssey Continues
A Man on the Moon: The Voyages of the Apollo Astronauts 2
A Man on the Moon: The Voyages of the Apollo Astronauts 3

I'm looking for the hardback versions, so with that in mind, which one(s)
would people recommend?

Many Thanks
Dave

Old November 26th 03, 12:15 AM
Eddie Valiant

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:52:23 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

[...]

Different content? I don't know about that, but I'd highly recommend
the 3 volume hardback version offered by Time Life. To my knowledge,
it contains the same textual content as the softcover version, plus
alot of outstanding photos. The set was being offered at a discount
price at Barnes and Noble months ago. I don't know if they still
carry it or not, but it's worth checking.

Eddie V.
Old November 26th 03, 02:33 PM
Dave

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the info, I'm guessing it's this one :-

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...56799& itm=12

www.barnesandnoble.com and www.amazon.com (and .co.uk) are all out of stock,

Old November 26th 03, 06:38 PM
Eddie Valiant

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:33:02 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the info, I'm guessing it's this one :-

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...56799& itm=12

Yep, that's it. It's a terrific book.

Eddie V.

www.barnesandnoble.com and www.amazon.com (and .co.uk) are all out of stock,