Once mo how can I activate (boinc-) SETI graphics ?

Old January 20th 06, 12:16 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

Default Once mo how can I activate (boinc-) SETI graphics ?

I repeat a question I stated at the end of my last posting in another
thread:

How can I activate the SETI@home graphics ? I'd like to see
them from time to time (with classic, this was always the case at
upload-download time) but don't want to use always BOINC / SETI as
my screensaver ... is there a possibility to see the graphics without
that i.e. with no screensaver or another one in effect?
(There seems to be a button for this purpose in one of the B. manager
tabs, but it is inactive in my case, I wonder why !)
Old January 20th 06, 01:47 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

"Ulysse Keller" wrote in message
I repeat a question I stated at the end of my last posting in another
thread:

How can I activate the SETI@home graphics ? I'd like to see
them from time to time (with classic, this was always the case at
upload-download time) but don't want to use always BOINC / SETI as
my screensaver ... is there a possibility to see the graphics without
that i.e. with no screensaver or another one in effect?
(There seems to be a button for this purpose in one of the B. manager
tabs, but it is inactive in my case, I wonder why !)

BOINC manager work tab right side of page, high light seti. then click
on show graphics.

Old January 22nd 06, 02:28 AM posted to sci.astro.seti

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:47:33 -0600, "Richard" wrote:

"Ulysse Keller" wrote in message
(...)
How can I activate the SETI@home graphics ? I'd like to see
them from time to time (with classic, this was always the case at
upload-download time) but don't want to use always BOINC / SETI as
my screensaver ... is there a possibility to see the graphics without
that i.e. with no screensaver or another one in effect?
(...)

BOINC manager work tab right side of page, high light seti. then click
on show graphics.

Of course one must choose the *active* seti WU - as I guessed ...
Fine these moving (rotating) "3D" graphics !

Now does someone know when the credit for past classic seti will be
(converted into the BOINC version and ?) added ? Just these days
the view pending credits link in my seti account of the seti website
replies with "turned off temporarily" and what the graphics window
of the BOINC manager shows seems to be only the total of the
credits for individual work units as shown by the page I get when
I click on the view results link in my seti account + a value that may
be the credit for just 1 (BOINC) seti WU: this might be the oldest one
my PC has worked on if no more than 5 credited WUs are shown by
the said page (there must be a limit in it to prevent it to become
a huge thing !) or it might represent the credit for one of the two
WUs which the BOINC manager in my German language still mentions
as "hochgeladen, meldebereit" (may-be translatable as
"uploaded, ready to give the message") - BTW I don't understand
why WUs show so long this state in the manager (again probably
a problem with BOINC users that don't have a DSL / cable internet
connection). Is it possible that the pending credits page is off now
because 'they' are just making the adding of seti classic credits ?
Old January 22nd 06, 04:35 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

Ulysse Keller wrote:
[...]
Now does someone know when the credit for past classic seti will be
(converted into the BOINC version and ?) added ? Just these days
the view pending credits link in my seti account of the seti website
replies with "turned off temporarily" and what the graphics window

[...]

s@h-classic credit has already been finalised and is shown alongside
your Boinc credits. You must have a Boinc account created from your
s@h-classic credentials for this to be shown.

The s@h-classic credits are NOT going to be converted to cobblestones
and added to the Boinc credits. This has been extensively discussed over
the last two years and there is no sensible way to do the conversion.

The pending credit feature on s@h has been turned off due to the master
database being badly overloaded. Whenever Berkeley can or might get a
replica database server running again, then they might be able to enable
that feature oncemore.

Happy crunchin',
Martin

--
---------- OS? What's that?! (Martin_285 on Mandriva)
- Martin - To most people, "Operating System" is unknown & strange.
Old January 27th 06, 11:34 PM posted to sci.astro.seti

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:35:19 GMT, Martin 53N 1W
wrote:

Ulysse Keller wrote:
[...]
Now does someone know when the credit for past classic seti will be
(converted into the BOINC version and ?) added ? Just these days
the view pending credits link in my seti account of the seti website
replies with "turned off temporarily" [...]

s@h-classic credit has already been finalised and is shown alongside
your Boinc credits. [...]

Thanks. Now I have seen these things - were they not yet there when
I looked at my account a week ago or did I just not look well ?

The s@h-classic credits are NOT going to be converted to cobblestones
and added to the Boinc credits. [...]

I understand
The pending credit feature on s@h has been turned off due to the master
database being badly overloaded. [...]

Thanks.

BTW I was at last able to attach another BOINC which I have chosen:
climate prediction ! But this seems to have created new problem(s),
may-be because of the huge amount of data involved - how many days
will it take just to download them completely ? work time predicted
means some months on one 'work unit' only ... May-be I'll start a new
thread if the disturbance in SETI itself (connection & download
/ upload) will remain for a long time. This NG being specifically for
SETI I imagine that to discuss climate prediction I'll have to enter
a forum of that.